|BFRO Home||Reports Database||New Report Additions||FAQs|
|Media Articles||Hypotheses & Projects||About the BFRO|
PROVINCE: British Columbia
LOCATION DETAILS: We live just on the outskirts of Duncan BC, Canada
NEAREST TOWN: Duncan
NEAREST ROAD: Trans Canada Highway #1
OBSERVED: It was approximately 11pm when i was outside of our home and heard a strange screaming yelping (whooping) sound. Since then I have heard some of the recordings that my husband has been listening to on your web site. This is not an isolated incident as we did hear this sound again.
My husband was outside with me one evening shortly after this and he heard this same sound with me. The sound was a very deep resonating sound that sounded like a growling sound that changed to a screeching, or yelping sound. It was very eerie.
In the middle of December when we were visiting at my mother in-laws home a short distance from where we live. We were leaving the house, walking to our vehicle when suddenly there was a screaming sound. It changed to a yelping or whooping sound again only this time it was very high pitched. We were very startled when the screaming started because it sounded like a woman screaming. This occured at 6:pm.
OTHER WITNESSES: I was alone outside the first time i heard these sounds. The second time my husband was with me. The third and fourth time my husband was with me.
ENVIRONMENT: We live in a forested area, whereas my mother in-law lives close to open fields near a river.
Follow-up investigation report by BFRO Investigator Blaine McMillan :
I have been in contact with this witness and I can add the following to this report:
Both the witness and her husband have heard a range of vocalizations near their property. The sounds they have heard include whoops, howls and screams which they have identified as being very similar to those on the BFRO website.
Most of the vocalizations have been heard later in the evening but some as early as 6 pm.
There have been other incidents in the Duncan area including a newspaper account of a set of tracks found in a strawberry field.
About BFRO Investigator Blaine McMillan :
- Retired Canadian Military (Reg Force) Safety Systems / Aviation technician with experience on CF-101 Voodoo, CT-133 Silverstar and various SAR platforms including CC-115 Buffalo and CC-130 Hercules.
- Married with two young sons. An avid camper, hunter and fisherman.
- Holds a BA in Criminology from the University of Manitoba, courses in Alternate Dispute Resolution, Anthropology and Political Science
- Attended the BFRO BC Expeditions in August of 2005, 2006, 2012 as well as Vancouver Island 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014.
- Organized the 2007, 2008 Vancouver Island as well as 2009 North Vancouver Island Expeditions.
- Author of "Woodknocks and Tossed Rocks: Searching for Sasquatch with the Bigfoot Field Researchers Organization.