|BFRO Home||Reports Database||New Report Additions||FAQs|
|Media Articles||Hypotheses & Projects||About the BFRO|
PROVINCE: British Columbia
NEAREST TOWN: Revelstoke, B.C
NEAREST ROAD: Trans canada highway
OBSERVED: I was driving my pickup truck on the trans canada highway, on my way to Kelowna B.C. I was alone at the time. I had a freind half hour in front of me and some friends 15 minutes behind me. When I saw this very large man like animal crossing the road about 3 to 4 hundred feet in front of me. It came up the side of the ditch and it like almost looked like it looked to make sure there were no cars coming. It looked right at me and then crossed the road and down the other side of the ditch. It was 8 to 9 feet tall, very big sholders long arms and it had orangy brown hair. It had to of been 7 to 9 hundered pounds if not more. It crossed the road with big long strides.
I looked in the bush where it had went. I was going to wave some people down, but it was moving way to fast and just too many trees. It was gone.
OTHER STORIES: My fathers friend was a fire fighter and spotted one 30 some years ago from his chopper.
TIME AND CONDITIONS: It occured about 6:30 to 7:00 am on a nice summer morning.
ENVIRONMENT: Pine forest, thick brush.
Follow-up investigation report by BFRO Investigator Blaine McMillan :
The witness (T.H.) described seeing a large upright animal crossing the Trans Canada Highway just west of the town of Revelstoke, BC. He estimated that it was between 8 and 9 feet tall. It had very broad in the shoulders. He saw that it appeared to be covered in shaggy orange or reddish brown hair and it's arms hung down past it's knees. The witness did not see or could not discern any facial features as the head was covered in hair but he noted that the creature walked with a stooped posture, taking six or seven strides to cross the highway.
When T.H. first saw the creature he said that it was standing in the ditch on the right hand side of the road and that it appeared to pause and look to see if was safe to cross the road before proceeding. Unlike other road side sightings that have occurred on or near a bend in the road, T.H. was cresting a hill at the time of his incident. At that time of the morning a person would have been driving out of the sun, as it were, and a sasquatch may not have seen a car approaching from that direction.
About BFRO Investigator Blaine McMillan :
- Retired Canadian Military (Reg Force) Safety Systems / Aviation technician with experience on CF-101 Voodoo, CT-133 Silverstar and various SAR platforms including CC-115 Buffalo and CC-130 Hercules.
- Married with two young sons. An avid camper, hunter and fisherman.
- Holds a BA in Criminology from the University of Manitoba, courses in Alternate Dispute Resolution, Anthropology and Political Science
- Attended the BFRO BC Expeditions in August of 2005, 2006, 2012 as well as Vancouver Island 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014.
- Organized the 2007, 2008 Vancouver Island as well as 2009 North Vancouver Island Expeditions.
- Author of "Woodknocks and Tossed Rocks: Searching for Sasquatch with the Bigfoot Field Researchers Organization.