|BFRO Home||Reports Database||New Report Additions||FAQs|
|Media Articles||Hypotheses & Projects||About the BFRO|
COUNTY: Pasco County
LOCATION DETAILS: about 2 miles before pine view middle school facing ehren cutoff
NEAREST TOWN: Land O Lakes
NEAREST ROAD: parkway and erhen cutoff
OBSERVED: my sighting happend in Land O Lakes Florida in July of 2006, It was around 10:30 at night and there was another car infront of us we were driving down parkway it has wooded areas on both sides one side being a 30k acre nature preserve. the other side bieng a 500 acre orange grove. we were following the car down the road to the nieghborhood 3miles away whenall of a sudden the car infront of us slammed on its breaks and we pulled up behind. and inour healights about 25yards infront of the truck there was manlike object walking acorss the two lane road it was about 8-9 feet tall and its arms went down to is kneecaps it was really dark but we could see almost all of its side. It also had a really strong musk we could even smell it after it was gone the bigfoot walked acorss the road and put its hand on a bob wire fence pole and broke off the top of the pole and walked over the fence and disappeared, we went back the following day and saw the fence post broke the bob wire fence bent like it may have been stepped on and and all the brush was broken down going into the woodline we didnt go any further thenthat.
ALSO NOTICED: musky smell during and after the sighting
OTHER WITNESSES: 2 cars
OTHER STORIES: once incident of a horse having its neck broke in 3 diffrent places off erhin cutoff
TIME AND CONDITIONS: night time around 10:30 very dark it was kinda cool outside summer night
ENVIRONMENT: probally best descirbed as swamp and pine woods
Follow-up investigation report by BFRO Investigator Caroline Curtis:
The witness and I met at the location. The fence post was not very thick or strong so the break was not too impressive. The post may have broke when it was used as a guide to clear the fence. The barbed wire that was found pushed down the next day had already been repaired. The height of the dark brown/black creature was estimated by comparing it to the witness' Ford Bronco and the 4 ft. tall fence. Very credible witness who has spent his life fishing, hunting and ATVing in this area. The location is very close to a school and brand new housing developments, but it is also close to protected wilderness and farms. Thru this witness I have been introduced to other witnesses and told of other sitings in this same general area.
About BFRO Investigator Caroline Curtis:
- Worked as an Assistant to a Circuit Court Judge in Florida for thirteen years
- An avid outdoorswoman, growing up in the UP of Michigan on a family-owned fishing and hunting resort. Currently lives in the Hiawatha National Forest
- Certified Visual Tracker, Level 1
- Attended and assisted with numerous public and private BFRO expeditions
- She and the Florida BFRO organized South Florida Expedition 2008, North Florida Expedition 2008 and Central Florida Expedition in 2009.
- She and the Michigan BFRO organized the Lower-Michigan Expedition in 2011, Michigan UP Expeditions in 2012, 2013 and 2015. She will be co-organizing the 2016 Michigan UP Expedition in October.