|BFRO Home||Reports Database||New Report Additions||FAQs|
|Media Articles||Hypotheses & Projects||About the BFRO|
YEAR: 87 or 88
PROVINCE: British Columbia
LOCATION DETAILS: Withheld at witness's request.
NEAREST TOWN: Langley, BC, Canada.
NEAREST ROAD: Withheld at witness's request
OBSERVED: What I observed, occurred in 1987 or 88. I was 8 or 9 years old at the time and in Langley, B.C. Canada. The time was close to noon. The house and surrounding woods are still intact to this day. I saw a very tall, ape-like, brown creature with long hair, walking hunched forward. The creature turned and looked at me... and another man who had been living in that house as our tenant. The man ran to his car and sped off, but I could not, because my dad was working on changing the front door lock, and did not see the creature.
The creature ducked down slightly and entered the barn we had southwest of the house, maybe 200 to 300 feet from me.
The thing that sticks out in my memory the most is the hunched over gait, and the way it turned toward me and observed me... right in the eyes. It wasnt really scary, but I was frightened when the
ALSO NOTICED: it looked me in the eyes. for a few seconds. but made no other gesture.
OTHER WITNESSES: 1, a white male in his 30's at that time. I can get his name possibly from my parents.
OTHER STORIES: not from anyone I knew.
TIME AND CONDITIONS: sunny, temperature was pleasant. around high noon. visibility was clear to the mountains.
ENVIRONMENT: woods surrounding an open field, creature came out of woods and walked in plain sight across field into the barn.
Follow-up investigation report by BFRO Investigator Blaine McMillan :
I interviewed the witness (SN) by phone. He relayed to me that he had watched a tall brown creature walk across a field on his family's farm. It headed directly towards the barn on the property in a purposeful manner. Before entering the barn it paused to look around, as if it was checking to see if the coast was clear. The witness stated that the doorway was close to ten feet high and the animal's head was close to the height of the door frame.
It was covered in dark brown hair that was long and hanging from its arms like fringes on a leather jacket.
The witness stated he does not recall any livestock going missing or being found dead however on several occasions the family dog, a trained German Shephard, had acted strangely as if something had entered onto the property.
About BFRO Investigator Blaine McMillan :
- Retired Canadian Military (Reg Force) Safety Systems / Aviation technician with experience on CF-101 Voodoo, CT-133 Silverstar and various SAR platforms including CC-115 Buffalo and CC-130 Hercules.
- Married with two young sons. An avid camper, hunter and fisherman.
- Holds a BA in Criminology from the University of Manitoba, courses in Alternate Dispute Resolution, Anthropology and Political Science
- Attended the BFRO BC Expeditions in August of 2005, 2006, 2012 as well as Vancouver Island 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014.
- Organized the 2007, 2008 Vancouver Island as well as 2009 North Vancouver Island Expeditions.
- Author of "Woodknocks and Tossed Rocks: Searching for Sasquatch with the Bigfoot Field Researchers Organization.