|BFRO Home||Reports Database||New Report Additions||FAQs|
|Media Articles||Hypotheses & Projects||About the BFRO|
PROVINCE: British Columbia
LOCATION DETAILS: Hwy 93 about 20 miles east of Radium, BC.
NEAREST TOWN: Radium Hot Springs
NEAREST ROAD: 93
OBSERVED: The sighting that took place was on March 30, 2001 at aprox. 1230 pm PST.
We were driving from Panorama back to Manitoba in clear sky conditions. Aproximately 20 miles to the east of Radium Hot Springs BC. on route to Banff, I saw a large (10 feet tall) dark brown figure running like a man out of the bush. My initial thought was a very large man running out of bush after having a washroom break. But the figure was a solid colour. It was aprox. 1/2 - 1/4 mile ahead. As we aproached it there was no other vehicles on the road. I saw it for 3 seconds before it went into more trees. I asked my wife if she saw it and she did not. I did not want to get out of the car to get any closer as my children were reading in the back of the car. My wife did witness though to all my body hair standing straight up and goosebumps which lasted for 10 minutes.
I know what I saw!
TIME AND CONDITIONS: daytime and clear
ENVIRONMENT: Spruce forest with 1/16 - 1/8 space between highway.
Follow-up investigation report by BFRO Investigator Blaine McMillan :
I spoke to the witness by phone and I can add the following to this report.
- The creature was seen coming down a small embankment through the trees and to the edge of the road on the right hand side of the highway.
- It did not cross the road and as the witnesses car approached it retreated back into the trees.
- The witness told me that the animal he saw had to be between 8 to 10 feet tall and it was dark brown or black in colour. It clearly had hands and not paws. He said that it's arms were very long and it's overall build was "massive".
About BFRO Investigator Blaine McMillan :
- Retired Canadian Military (Reg Force) Safety Systems / Aviation technician with experience on CF-101 Voodoo, CT-133 Silverstar and various SAR platforms including CC-115 Buffalo and CC-130 Hercules.
- Married with two young sons. An avid camper, hunter and fisherman.
- Holds a BA in Criminology from the University of Manitoba, courses in Alternate Dispute Resolution, Anthropology and Political Science
- Attended the BFRO BC Expeditions in August of 2005, 2006, 2012 as well as Vancouver Island 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014.
- Organized the 2007, 2008 Vancouver Island as well as 2009 North Vancouver Island Expeditions.
- Author of "Woodknocks and Tossed Rocks: Searching for Sasquatch with the Bigfoot Field Researchers Organization.