|BFRO Home||Reports Database||New Report Additions||FAQs|
|Media Articles||Hypotheses & Projects||About the BFRO|
COUNTY: Clermont County
LOCATION DETAILS: we were fishing on a sandy clearing just to the right of the floating dock at the Northshore boatramp,EastFork Lake State Park
NEAREST TOWN: Batavia,Ohio
NEAREST ROAD: old 32
OBSERVED: while fishing early in the morning at Eastfork Lake near batavia,ohio,my nephew and I heard first an owl hooting a couple of times and I told Cody that I'd never heard one there before.It was around 3 am,After a few more hoots all of a sudden a loud noise came from the woods.A noise that I've only heard in a jungle scene in a movie.The sound was of chimps in trees,warning of danger present,it was very strange.After about an hour had pasted,we heard the owl noise again and then broke out in a loud low scream,over and over we heard this scream.then it went into what sounded like dogs barking,maybe a few dogs and then the barking went into yelping like they were being hurt.Then it stopped.We didn't hear anything again.Occasionally we'd hear the sound of a large rock being thrown into the water about 100 yards away.We left alittle later after all that went on.
ALSO NOTICED: there were a piling of driftwood and trees where we were fishing.we took it apart and used a couple to lay our poles apon
OTHER WITNESSES: There was just Me and my nephew.
OTHER STORIES: no,none to my knowledge
TIME AND CONDITIONS: it was between 3-4am,pitch black out.we had a lantern hangging in a tree to see to fish
ENVIRONMENT: it was pitch black out.the noises came from toward the northshore pump station.It was early morning and alittle chilly.cloudy and sprinkling on and off
Follow-up investigation report by BFRO Investigator Rachel Luffman:
I spoke with the witness and found him to be credible. He added the following details about what they heard that night:
- The vocalizations began as an owl type hooting, then turned to chattering like a monkey, then long deep howls, then barking like a dog. There were no dogs that he knows of in the area.
- He felt that the owl noises, the chatter, the howls, and the barks were all coming from the same creature or creatures.
- He has hunted and fished his entire life and had never heard anything like it.
- The vocalizations were not more than 50-60 yards away.
- The next day he and his nephew looked up animal sounds online. They found the BFRO site and listened to the audio clips.The deep screams/howls were similar to the "Ohio Howl" recording, as far as pitch and length. It sounded like whatever was making the howl had a lot of lung power.
- The rocks being thrown into the water sounded large and heavy.
- The two of them were growing increasingly uneasy the longer they stayed, and finally decided to leave after the rocks started to hit the water.
About BFRO Investigator Rachel Luffman:
Raised with a love of the outdoors, avid camper & hiker, fascination with the Sasquatch mystery since childhood.
BFRO Expeditions attended:
- Oklahoma 2008
- Missouri Ozarks 2008
- Florida 2009
- Oklahoma (Spring) 2009
- Oklahoma (Fall) 2009
- Missouri Ozarks 2009
- Iowa (Spring) 2010
- Illinois 2010/2011