|BFRO Home||Reports Database||New Report Additions||FAQs|
|Media Articles||Hypotheses & Projects||About the BFRO|
COUNTY: Osage County
LOCATION DETAILS: about 1 mile south of wooloroc on highway 123
NEAREST TOWN: Barnsdall, Oklahoma
NEAREST ROAD: Highway 123
OBSERVED: Alright me and some friends were camping out about 10 miles south of Barnsdall, Oklahoma and we had to run some girls to wooloroc to meet their ride. After we dropped them off we headed back south to Barnsdall, we were driving and something caught my eye on the side of the road. I looked over and my friend was seeing the same thing. It was bent over in a ditch by a guardrail and was about 5 feet tall squatted down. It was probably about 3 to 4 foot wide. As we passed it just kinda glanced over at us. This was happening around 1:00 a.m. that night. We were just blank minded and then finally decided to turn around and go back to see if we could still see it. But when we got back there we couldn't find the creature. We back the next day and could only find flattened grass.
ALSO NOTICED: well right after we saw it we got a phone call from the girls we dropped off. They asked if we were alright and we said yes, why? They said that an ambulance had just passed by headed our way. We never saw that ambulance.
OTHER WITNESSES: 2, we were camping.
TIME AND CONDITIONS: about 1:30 a.m. partial moonlight and had just stopped raining
ENVIRONMENT: muddy and grassy valley below a guardrail..
Follow-up investigation report by BFRO Investigator Tim Sermons:
The following can be added to the report after speaking to both witnesses:
- The creature was squatting, but the height of the creature was greater than four feet in height in that position.
- The witnesses could see its head, but could not make out any facial features.
- The animal appeared to have an orange-colored eye shine.
- Its shoulders appeared to be about four to five feet wide.
- The creature watched the vehicle as it went by, turning its head as the vehicle passed.
- The creature was squatted like a person would squat down; not like a bear.
- They both stated that they would not want to see this creature again.
They had heard of other stories in the area, but did not believe them until this incident.
About BFRO Investigator Tim Sermons:
-Navy Veteran - Hospital Corpsman, Field Medicine qualified
-Currently working on MBA degree
-Attended Expeditions: Missouri '08, Georgia '09, Oklahoma Spring '09, Oklahoma Fall '09 and Missouri '09