|BFRO Home||Reports Database||New Report Additions||FAQs|
|Media Articles||Hypotheses & Projects||About the BFRO|
COUNTY: Pine County
LOCATION DETAILS: North of what is now the airport.
NEAREST TOWN: Hinckley
NEAREST ROAD: hwy 48
OBSERVED: Early Summer 2004:
One morning at 3 am I heard a vocalization at what I thought was quite a ways off. Now, looking back at the situation, I was in the house and heard it clearly. I have no idea of the distance. But it was definately the whoop howl that is recorded here on your website.
I saw something big on two legs run through my yard one night. The ground was frozen, so no tracks. It was big is all I can say.
(Original report edited by the investigator to add the date notations.)
OTHER WITNESSES: no
OTHER STORIES: no
TIME AND CONDITIONS: 3 am. dark and clear. very still morning
ENVIRONMENT: forest, swamp, farm, field, river bottom
Follow-up investigation report by BFRO Investigator Andy P.:
I contacted the witness by phone and have the following to add to this report:
- The location of both incidents is a farmstead in a wooded area. Near the property runs a stream through a swampy area that leads down to the Kettle River bottoms.
- The witness was lying in bed trying to get to sleep when he heard a loud whooping howl coming from north of the house.
- In early to mid November of that same year, he was talking on the phone in the kitchen at around 10:00 pm, and he saw a large, man-like animal run on two legs past his barn.
- The animal was about fifty yards away from him.
- It ran very quickly past the barn; the whole sighting lasted only two seconds or less. The animal was only visible for the time that it was illuminated by the yard light. He was looking south out of the kitchen window, and it ran west past the barn.
- He estimates its height to be between seven and seven and a half feet tall. This measurement is likely very accurate because the animal ran past a six foot tall storage door on the barn and it was a full head and shoulders taller than the door.
- It had a big stocky build, like a really large man.
- It was uniformly dark in color and seemed furry.
- The head was somewhat domed, and the shoulders ran up to the head with no obvious neck.
- The arms were long and went down past mid-thigh.
- The legs were not long and seem proportionate to the body length.
- He went out the following day to look for tracks, but the ground was frozen and there was no snow yet.
- The witness no longer lives in the area where this encounter took place.
I found this witness to be honest and credible.
About BFRO Investigator Andy P.:
Andy P. lives in Minnesota. He is a professional writer with a degree in English and Biology. His interest dates back to his first sighting in 1985.
He attended the following BFRO expeditions:
- 2006 Wisconsin I
- 2007 Michigan
- 2008 Michigan
- 2008 Minnesota (private)
- 2009 Wisconsin
- 2009 Minnesota (organizer)