|BFRO Home||Reports Database||New Report Additions||FAQs|
|Media Articles||Hypotheses & Projects||About the BFRO|
COUNTY: Marshall County
NEAREST TOWN: batesville/oxford
NEAREST ROAD: 7/310
OTHER WITNESSES: just me
TIME AND CONDITIONS: I had went and hung a stand on a tree the day before,for hunting deer. In an area around north sardis lake on public land.I knew I was the only person in there, because of the trails hadnt been used for some time.I rode in about 2 miles in and then walked about 300 yards to where I had hung my climber. It was just about day break, Iwas 20 or so feet up a pine tree when I heard what sounded like someone beating a stick against a tree. I spotted some movement in the area the sound came from,What ever it was was brown and tall,my first thought was its a bear.I was using my binoculars,but it was about 200 yards from me and dawn.So I pulled up my rifle to look threw the scope,hoping I could see it better.It wasnt any bear, it didnt have ears on top of its head and its face was flat. It was at least 8 foot tall and stood like a man.and I noticed its skin was grayish/green where the hair was thin. I was so startled I stood up.It turned toward my direction and knew I was there.It leaned Its head back as if smelling the air, then took off. It move 40 or so yards in a few seconds and was gone.I was shaking badly and climbed straight down.I just coundnt beleive what I had seen.So I started walking in the direction I had seen it.I walked over to a hill where it had slid and left a track. It was a human looking foot track.This scared me because I was trying to tell myself, it was just a bear,then a sound came from the woods that sounded like whoop...whoop.So I hurried back got my stand and left those woods. That has been six years ago, and everytime I told anyone my story. They made fun of me, so I been reserved about letting anyone know, but recently.A freind f mine had an encounter,he doesnt want to let anyone know.Because he thinks people will think hes crazy... So I found this web site,and was amazed at how many have seen these things.
ENVIRONMENT: forest/ swamp
Follow-up investigation report by BFRO Investigator Tim Sermons:
The witness has the following to add to this report:
- The time of day was dawn. He heard the wood knock on his approach to his deer stand.
- He heard tree breaks and knocks for several minutes until he pinpointed the location.
- The witness viewed the creature in a squatted position through his rifle scope.
- The creature stood-up to a height of about 8 feet, and then smelled the air. The witness stood-up in his climber to get a better look and the creature saw him and ran off on two legs. The gait was forward leaning, pushing foliage out of its way as it ran.
- The hair color was black and the witness could not make out facial features except that the face appeared flat, no snout, and he noticed the skin color was greyish. The hair on its head appeared to have green moss tangled in it.
- The witness, in disbelief, climbed down and went to the spot and found an 18 inch track that was as wide as both of his feet together. The track had five toes.
- While examining the track the witness heard two whoops from one side and a tree knock. Immediately followed by two more whoops from the other side of his position. Now realizing there were at least two creatures, the witness left the area post-haste.
About BFRO Investigator Tim Sermons:
-Navy Veteran - Hospital Corpsman, Field Medicine qualified
-Currently working on MBA degree
-Attended Expeditions: Missouri '08, Georgia '09, Oklahoma Spring '09, Oklahoma Fall '09 and Missouri '09