|BFRO Home||Reports Database||New Report Additions||FAQs|
|Media Articles||Hypotheses & Projects||About the BFRO|
COUNTY: Grundy County
LOCATION DETAILS: On the north river bottom road - Old Stage Rd
NEAREST TOWN: Seneca
NEAREST ROAD: Old Stage Rd
OBSERVED: Ok, first off, I am not a skeptic nor am I what people consider a loon. After hearing about the investigation a few years ago near Seneca. I found little interest in the story of the DuPont Monster, having lived around this general area most of my life urban legends are just that.
Well after the story of the investigation had settled into distant memories in the summer of 2009 I was returning from Morris along Old Stage Rd on the north side of the river, about two and a half miles east from town after the houses end and the thick woods along the river gather, there is an old camp on the south side of the road and on the north there is an old abandoned tree farm. Dense overgrowth on both sides of the road basically.
Now it was approximately 3:45 pm - 4:30 pm in afternoon about 60 - 80 yards ahead of me while talking on the phone with my wife I seen the most amazing sight. A 7 foot+ "creature" crossed in front of me into the old tree farm entrance at a casual pace, clearing the road surface in three steps.
I immediately stopped at the entrance and figured if it wasn't in a hurry I would catch a glimpse, I was mistaken. All that was left was questions and a pungent smell of a wild animal, kind of like a bear unclean and musky.
ALSO NOTICED: None
OTHER WITNESSES: Just myself driving.
OTHER STORIES: Some people have been going on recording sessions in recent weeks prior to the most recent sighting from what I have heard they have some good recordings of multiple talking sessions.
TIME AND CONDITIONS: Late afternoon, clear weather.
ENVIRONMENT: Semi-wooded partially clear.
Follow-up investigation report by BFRO Investigator Stan Courtney:
I spoke with the witness by telephone.
- The witness was about 100 yards away when he first noticed the animal and was about 50 yards away by time he stopped his vehicle.
- The animal had a large gait and took three steps to cross the roadway.
- The animal's height was close to 8 foot.
- The animal's weight was about 500 lbs. The witness stated that he was a large man himself and he was impressed with how huge the animal was, and especially how thick it was in the torso.
- The hair color appeared to be dark.
- After stopping and getting out of his vehicle he could smell a pungent odor similar to a bear and almost like garbage.
- The witness was unable to see the face.
This incident was in the same general area as:
Grundy County - Report # 11831
Grundy County - Report # 12439
About BFRO Investigator Stan Courtney:
Stan Courtney has a special interest in wildlife audio recording. He has attended numerous BFRO Expeditions and travels throughout Illinois giving presentations on "Bigfoot In Illinois". See Stan's blog StanCourtney.com for recordings he has collected over the years.
Stan Courtney can be reached at email@example.com