|BFRO Home||Reports Database||New Report Additions||FAQs|
|Media Articles||Hypotheses & Projects||About the BFRO|
COUNTY: Lawrence County
LOCATION DETAILS: What ever it was it came from the left to right by some grain bins across 12th Street. It took just seconds to run across the road going west. We are rural here at my location.
NEAREST TOWN: Lawrenceville
NEAREST ROAD: 12th Street and Adams
OBSERVED: I seen something tall and black, about 7 feet tall, run real fast across 12th Street in Lawrenceville about 3 weeks ago.
ALSO NOTICED: We sometimes here what sounds like a woman screaming and the coyotes yep a lot.
OTHER WITNESSES: Yes, me and my husband were in our car coming back home when we seen it. Whatever it was there has been a bigfoot spotted here a few years ago.
OTHER STORIES: Yes, my friend said he seen a bigfoot when he was in high school south end of town and now he is in his 30s.
ENVIRONMENT: We live south of town, it's not too far from the woods. It's a small town.
Follow-up investigation report by BFRO Investigator Stan Courtney:
I spoke with both witnesses by phone.
- Time was around 8:30 in the evening.
- The witnesses were within 100 feet of the animal.
- The animal was about seven feet tall.
- The animal weighed between 350 and 400 lbs.
- Hair coloring was black.
- The witness was unable to see the face.
- The witness was also unable to tell much about the hair other than the coloring.
- There are street lights in the area. The car's headlights lit the subject as it was crossing the street.
The red X marks the grain bins and the area of the sighting. The Embarras River is to the East.
About BFRO Investigator Stan Courtney:
Stan Courtney has a special interest in wildlife audio recording. He has attended numerous BFRO Expeditions and travels throughout Illinois giving presentations on "Bigfoot In Illinois". See Stan's blog StanCourtney.com for recordings he has collected over the years.
Stan Courtney can be reached at email@example.com