|BFRO Home||Reports Database||New Report Additions||FAQs|
|Media Articles||Hypotheses & Projects||About the BFRO|
COUNTY: Schuyler County
LOCATION DETAILS: From Rushville drive 2 miles north on U.S. 67 and then west about 4 1/2 miles.
NEAREST TOWN: Rushville
NEAREST ROAD: Camden Rd - County Highway 5
OBSERVED: I was out deer hunting down in a valley on my Dad's property and right as the sun was beginning to break I heard a loud scream. I looked over in the direction of that scream and saw something black as far as I could see and then it just disappeared. I don't know if this has anything to do with it either but our deer population has dramatically decreased over the years.
ALSO NOTICED: The yell was so loud that it jumped 2 turkeys that were in roost overhead.
OTHER WITNESSES: No unfortunately just me. I have never told anyone except my wife because they would think I was crazy.
OTHER STORIES: No
TIME AND CONDITIONS: It was at daybreak around 0500 Central time. It was calm but cold. I had out deer pee scents and was using a rattle bag as well.
ENVIRONMENT: It was the bottoms where on each side of me were steep hills. There is a creek that flows when it has rained.
Follow-up investigation report by BFRO Investigator Stan Courtney:
I spoke with the witness by phone.
- The animal was between seven and eight feet tall.
- The animal was stockily built.
- Hair coloring was black.
- The witness was unable to estimate the animal's weight.
- The witness was unable to see the face.
- The witness was seventy yards from the animal.
- Although the witness wrote 5 a.m. during our phone interview he stated that he was mistaken about the time, and it was probably closer to 6:30 a.m.
- The time of day was near sunrise. The witness said that he could see very well although the sun was not up yet.
Map showing general area of the sighting, including the Le Moine River as well as some of the wooded hills.
About BFRO Investigator Stan Courtney:
Stan Courtney has a special interest in wildlife audio recording. He has attended numerous BFRO Expeditions and travels throughout Illinois giving presentations on "Bigfoot In Illinois". See Stan's blog StanCourtney.com for recordings he has collected over the years.
Stan Courtney can be reached at firstname.lastname@example.org