|BFRO Home||Reports Database||New Report Additions||FAQs|
|Media Articles||Hypotheses & Projects||About the BFRO|
COUNTY: McDonough County
LOCATION DETAILS: I took a picture of where this happened at camp site # 54.
NEAREST TOWN: Colchester
NEAREST ROAD: County Highway 8
OBSERVED: I was sitting at a picnic table eating pizza. I notice four kids running back and forth on a trail. Once they were gone I witnessed what I would call a juvenile sasquatch sneaking down the same trail at approx. 80 yds. The squatch was 3 and a half to 4 tall. It had long brown reddish hair. However it was stocky and I could see dark tanish colored skin threw its hair. Shortly after the kids returned on the trail. The squatch then returned behind them squatted down in the brush and disappeared. I was in total amazement at what I had just seen.
ALSO NOTICED: Due to the drought no tracks could be found.
OTHER WITNESSES: No.
OTHER STORIES: I reported a sighting for a couple who does not have a computer. about 400 yds from my sighting. They were both fishing at 10:30 pm and seen an adult sasquatch along the shore line.
TIME AND CONDITIONS: 5:00 pm sunny and clear
ENVIRONMENT: Camping sites and large timber.
Follow-up investigation report by BFRO Investigator Stan Courtney:
I spoke with the witness by phone.
• The witness had the impression that the juvenile was playing hide and seek with the children who were never aware of its presence.
• Animal was 3 1/2 to 4 feet tall.
• Weight was 150 lbs.
• Hair was reddish-brown.
• Witness was 80 yards down the trail.
• Witness was unable to see the face.
• The juvenile was always on two legs.
• I also spoke to the other couple about their sighting.
• I camped at site # 54 on the 9th of October 2012. As it was 2 months later in the season than the date of the sighting the leaves had started to change but were still on the trees.
• I measured the distance one could see from the edge of the woods and down the trail at 100 yards, which certainly corroborated the witness statement of seeing the animal from 80 yards away and down the trail.
The view from campsite # 54 looking down the trail towards the sighting area.
About BFRO Investigator Stan Courtney:
Stan Courtney has a special interest in wildlife audio recording. He has attended numerous BFRO Expeditions and travels throughout Illinois giving presentations on "Bigfoot In Illinois". See Stan's blog StanCourtney.com for recordings he has collected over the years.
Stan Courtney can be reached at email@example.com