|BFRO Home||Reports Database||New Report Additions||FAQs|
|Media Articles||Hypotheses & Projects||About the BFRO|
COUNTY: Macoupin County
LOCATION DETAILS: We live along route 108 a few miles out of town. We have a small field, and a small "prairie" behind our house which is enclosed with trees.
NEAREST TOWN: Carlinville
NEAREST ROAD: Illinois Rt 108
OBSERVED: I have had two incidents in the last few months.
The first happened one morning when I woke up early and had to use the rest room. On the way back to bed, I looked out the back door to see the sunrise, and check if the dog was in the back yard. I watched a large, dark person or thing cross the field from one treeline to another.
The second happened on the night of the meteor shower just a few weeks ago. I walked outside to look up and watch the shower. I stood there for several minutes before I looked down, directly on the other side of the fence was a large form. After I screamed my head off, it bolted to the tree line.
ALSO NOTICED: It may be completely unrelated, but our dogs have been bringing home several bones from different animals on a semi-weekly basis.
OTHER WITNESSES: Just myself. The first time I was having a potty break, the second I was watching a meteor shower.
TIME AND CONDITIONS: Early morning, and about 6:30 a.m.
ENVIRONMENT: Creek bottom, field, bridge, small hills, forest, ponds, prairie
Follow-up investigation report by BFRO Investigator Stan Courtney:
I spoke with the witness by phone.
• The witness was unable to give a good estimate as to the animal's height, but stated that when she had observed her grandfather walk in this same field she could barely see him, while this figure was noticeably a lot larger than an adult human.
• The animal was 200 yards from the witness.
• The witness described the movement as being graceful as it walked through the field.
• The distance the animal covered going across the field was 200 yards from tree line to tree line.
• The witness stated that it was just before sunrise and she could see very well.
• As to the incident that happened during the meteor shower - the witness was unable to make out any form other than something large, and that it left the area when the witness screamed.
About BFRO Investigator Stan Courtney:
Stan Courtney has a special interest in wildlife audio recording. He has attended numerous BFRO Expeditions. See Stan's blog StanCourtney.com for recordings he has collected over the years.
Stan Courtney can be reached at firstname.lastname@example.org