|BFRO Home||Reports Database||New Report Additions||FAQs|
|Media Articles||Hypotheses & Projects||About the BFRO|
COUNTY: Cook County
LOCATION DETAILS: It is located just off of Sauk Trail and Burnham, next to the Indiana border.
NEAREST TOWN: Sauk Village
NEAREST ROAD: Sauk Trail
OBSERVED: I have pictures of a foot print and a hand print that I took in the forest preserve that is on the east side of my town. The foot print in my opinion based on the size of my husband's shoe size would be a man's size 12 shoe. It was taken in July of 2008. The other picture is a hand print and was really large, twice the size of my husbands hand and he has large hands. It was taken in June of 2009. I have found prints over a number of years. These were the clearest.
ALSO NOTICED: none.
OTHER WITNESSES: Myself and my daughter and her family when I took the photo of the foot print. My husband when I found the hand print.
OTHER STORIES: no.
TIME AND CONDITIONS: The pictures were taken in the daytime.
ENVIRONMENT: Small forest preserve, with a creek running through it.
Follow-up investigation report by BFRO Investigator Stan Courtney:
I spoke with the witness by phone.
22nd July 2008 - Possible footprint
• Only one footprint was found along a forest trail.
• Although her husband was not with her she is familiar with the size of his boot and used that to gauge the size of the footprint.
• The footprint was 12" long.
• The width was 6" wide at the ball of the foot
• Although the witness states that all the toes were visible they do not show up clearly in the photo.
15 June 2009 - Possible hand print
• One possible hand print was found in the same area the next summer. The print was approximately 7 to 8 inches in diameter.
The witness had previously submitted another report, see: Report # 42140.
About BFRO Investigator Stan Courtney:
Stan Courtney has a special interest in wildlife audio recording. He has attended numerous BFRO Expeditions. See Stan's blog StanCourtney.com for recordings he has collected over the years.
Stan Courtney can be reached at email@example.com