|BFRO Home||Reports Database||New Report Additions||FAQs|
|Media Articles||Hypotheses & Projects||About the BFRO|
COUNTY: Okanogan County
LOCATION DETAILS: The campground is about 5 miles west of Mazama on
NEAREST TOWN: Mazama, WA
NEAREST ROAD: Highway 20
OBSERVED: Myself and two friends camped out at the Klipchuck Campground in the Okanagon Nat. Forest, just west of Mazama, WA. We had hiked up to Driveway Butte that day, and had not seen any other people or recent sign of any one. In addition, we were the only people at the campground. It was quite cold that night, so I was awake for a good portion of the night.
At around 2 or 3 A.M. I heard a loud yelling noise coming from the ridge to the north of us. It sounded like a very large man yelling at the top of his lungs. It did not have that voice-like quality of a person though.
Several minutes later, I heard it again. Next morning, my friend
who had been sleeping in the back of his pickup mentioned it, and described the incident in almost the exact way I remembered it. He was so startled by the noise, that he pulled his remote car horn beeper out of his pocket, and was ready to blast the horn if anything happened. I have spent years in the backcountry of the West, and never heard
anything like it.
OTHER WITNESSES: Myself and my friend heard it. We were trying to sleep.
TIME AND CONDITIONS: Middle of the night, clear and cold.
ENVIRONMENT: Ponderosa pine forest. The sound seemed to be coming from the ridge immediatley north of the campground up which the Driveway Butte trial leads.
A & G References: Pg. 113, D5
Follow-up investigation report by BFRO Investigator Matthew Moneymaker:
About BFRO Investigator Matthew Moneymaker:
Matthew Moneymaker is originally from the Los Feliz District of Los Angeles, California.
- Bachelor of Arts in English Literature from the University of California at Los Angeles (UCLA), 1992.
- Juris Doctorate from the University of Akron School of Law, 1996.
- Founder of the Bigfoot Field Researchers Organizaton,1995.
- Writer and co-producer of the Discovery Channel documentary "Sasquatch: Legend Meets Science," 2001.
- Co-producer of the TV Series "Mysterious Encounters" for the Outdoor Life Network (OLN Channel), 2002.
- Producer of the "2003 International Bigfoot Symposium" (Willow Creek Symposium) DVD set, 2004.
- Co-host of "Finding Bigfoot" on Animal Planet Channel, 2010 - present.
- Current Director of the BFRO