|BFRO Home||Reports Database||New Report Additions||FAQs|
|Media Articles||Hypotheses & Projects||About the BFRO|
COUNTY: Calhoun County
LOCATION DETAILS: It was on the Calhoun side of the Mississippi River heading towards Brussels. From the ferry you would come to a curve that has an exit to go either back towards the river or towards Golden Eagle, you head back towards Golden Eagle about 1/4-1/2 of a mile.
NEAREST TOWN: Brussels
NEAREST ROAD: Route 100
OBSERVED: It was white. Not the typical dark color we hear about. Was in the woods next to a small area of water.
OTHER WITNESSES: Yes my brother was a witness. He was doing the same thing as I was. Playing with tadpoles.
TIME AND CONDITIONS: afternoon
Follow-up investigation report by BFRO Investigator Stan Courtney:
I spoke with the witness by phone.
• The witness and her brother were seven and eight years of age.
• The children were playing with tadpoles in a slough along the creek.
• The witness looked up and saw the animal standing upright behind her brother.
• The animal was six feet tall.
• The animal had very long arms and was extremely hairy.
• The animal was white in color.
• The children immediately ran to the house, which was a quarter of a mile.
• The parents returned to the area with the children.
• The children were told to not tell anyone about what they had seen.
This witness has very little contact with her brother and they don't live close to each other. If I am able to talk to the brother I will update this report.
About BFRO Investigator Stan Courtney:
Stan Courtney has a special interest in wildlife audio recording. He has attended numerous BFRO Expeditions and travels throughout Illinois giving presentations on "Bigfoot In Illinois". See Stan's blog StanCourtney.com for recordings he has collected over the years.
Stan Courtney can be reached at firstname.lastname@example.org