|BFRO Home||Reports Database||New Report Additions||FAQs|
|Media Articles||Hypotheses & Projects||About the BFRO|
COUNTY: San Bernardino County
LOCATION DETAILS: When we got there there was only two people...but when it started sprinkling they left ....my wife me and two daughters had a beach umbrella so we stayed and were the only people there
NEAREST TOWN: Hesperia
NEAREST ROAD: 138 east
OBSERVED: Me and my family decided to go fishing at Silverwood lake and we got there around 1:30pm......i was fishing by the lake and after a while of not catching anything i decided to put a 2nd rod about 100ft away from the 1st one..i went back to my 1st and around 3-4pm i decided to check on the 2nd rod and my 3&4 yr old daughters were following me so i sent them back with my wife.i thought they had gone back so i kept on walking towards the 2nd rod all of a sudden i heard leaves crunching to my left about 30 ft away from me i saw an ape like hairy looking creature with light brown hair....it had long arms that were swinging while it ran...it was also crouching a little to the front stood there in shock frozen for a while and realized my 4 year old daughter was behind me running back to my wife yelling "MOM!MOM! There's a big animal!"then i went back to mu wife and told her what i saw....What amazed me was the speed it was running......
OTHER WITNESSES: My 4yr old daughter
TIME AND CONDITIONS: Around 3-4pm....a little cloudy..it was sprinkling...light wind
Click here for link to aerial image of the sighting location on Google Maps
Follow-up investigation report by BFRO Investigator Matthew Moneymaker:
I spoke with Carlos at length. He is credible and there are other unpublished reports around Silverwood Lake which is at the base of the San Bernardino Mountains on the desert-facing side. It is on the edge of the desert but it is high elevation desert. It snows every winter in this area.
The spot where Carlos and his daughter saw it on Silverwood Lake is only a few hundred feet from the Pacific Crest Trail. See the Google Maps link above for an aerial view of where it happened, and the path of the Pacific Crest Trail on the hillside above.
The tight rectangle for this report in the BFRO's Google Earth layer shows specifically where the figure was running, from left to right.
About BFRO Investigator Matthew Moneymaker:
Matthew Moneymaker is originally from the Los Feliz District of Los Angeles, California.
- Bachelor of Arts in English Literature from the University of California at Los Angeles (UCLA), 1992.
- Juris Doctorate from the University of Akron School of Law, 1996.
- Founder of the Bigfoot Field Researchers Organizaton,1995.
- Writer and co-producer of the Discovery Channel documentary "Sasquatch: Legend Meets Science," 2001.
- Co-producer of the TV Series "Mysterious Encounters" for the Outdoor Life Network (OLN Channel), 2002.
- Producer of the "2003 International Bigfoot Symposium" (Willow Creek Symposium) DVD set, 2004.
- Co-host of "Finding Bigfoot" on Animal Planet Channel, 2010 - present.
- Current Director of the BFRO