|BFRO Home||Reports Database||New Report Additions||FAQs|
|Media Articles||Hypotheses & Projects||About the BFRO|
COUNTY: Knox County
NEAREST TOWN: Altona
NEAREST ROAD: US 34
OBSERVED: Between Henry County, Illinois and Knox County Illinois at about 10 p.m. on the edge of town. Me and my better half both seen it. I'm scared to be outside at night now. We only live 4 miles from where we saw it.
OTHER WITNESSES: Yes my better half was in the car we was coming back home .
OTHER STORIES: If so nobody talks about it.
TIME AND CONDITIONS: It was nice out, little warm, night time.
ENVIRONMENT: Bridge by the highway went down the ditch straight towards a house. Didn't go back, was too scared to look for the foot print or follow it. The thing is way to big to chase after.
Follow-up investigation report by BFRO Investigator Stan Courtney:
I spoke with both witnesses by phone.
- The upright animal was standing next to the guard rail.
- As they drove by the animal moved away from the edge of the road and walked down into a large ditch.
- The witnesses estimated the animal's height at 7 foot.
- The animal was very muscular with wide shoulders.
- The witnesses could see muscle definition in its chest.
- The hair was long, scraggly and brown in coloring.
- The witnesses were unable to see the face.
- Even though it was night time the witnesses were able to see very well with the high beam of the vehicle headlights.
About BFRO Investigator Stan Courtney:
Stan Courtney has a special interest in wildlife audio recording. He has attended numerous BFRO Expeditions and travels throughout Illinois giving presentations on "Bigfoot In Illinois". See Stan's blog StanCourtney.com for recordings he has collected over the years.
Stan Courtney can be reached at email@example.com