|BFRO Home||Reports Database||New Report Additions||FAQs|
|Media Articles||Hypotheses & Projects||About the BFRO|
COUNTY: La Salle County
LOCATION DETAILS: On the embankment of the frog effigy in Buffalo Rock State Park at the edge of the river.
NEAREST TOWN: Utica
NEAREST ROAD: Illinois Rt 34, Dee Bennett Road
OBSERVED: I was standing on the frog effigy in Buffalo Rock State Park in Utica Illinois. I saw and heard the same big foot everybody else describes moving very fast and easily on the side of the steep embankment below the effigy toward the river. It made a crashing sound in the brush. I did not smell it or see its face. I only heard it and saw it from the side and back.
OTHER WITNESSES: No
OTHER STORIES: I went and read the other sightings from the same area.
TIME AND CONDITIONS: Clear, dry, calm, around 12 in the afternoon.
ENVIRONMENT: Brushy trees on an embankment by the river.
Follow-up investigation report by BFRO Investigator Stan Courtney:
I spoke with both witness by phone.
- The witness described how the upright animal came out of the brush about 50 feet ahead of the hiker. The animal moved quickly along the edge of the woods, and then headed back down into the brush next to the river. The movement was described as sauntering, not running, as it moved 150 feet along the embankment.
- The witness estimated the animal's height at 7 foot.
- The animal was very muscular with wide shoulders.
- The animal's coloring was dark brown to black.
- The witness noticed the animal's long arms.
- The witness was unable to see the face.
About BFRO Investigator Stan Courtney:
Stan Courtney has a special interest in wildlife audio recording. He has attended numerous BFRO Expeditions. See Stan's blog StanCourtney.com for recordings he has collected over the years.
Stan Courtney can be reached at email@example.com