|BFRO Home||Reports Database||New Report Additions||FAQs|
|Media Articles||Hypotheses & Projects||About the BFRO|
COUNTY: Tulsa County
LOCATION DETAILS: I wish to not share my exact location. However, it was around hi-way 169 and 156th St North.
NEAREST TOWN: Collinsville
NEAREST ROAD: 156th St North
OBSERVED: Date of Experience: 10/16/2020
Time of Experience: 6:15 am
Location of Experience: Collinsville Oklahoma Personal Property.
I went archery hunting on my 11 acres on 10/16/2020 and as I approached my tree stand around 6:00am I noticed a tree that was by my shooting lane had been pushed over. The tree was approximately 2 or 3 inches in diameter and absolutely no strong winds to push it over the whole week while I was
hunting. I do know that it was standing and not pushed over the day before.
Seemed strange but continued to harness up and climb into my deer stand. Still being very dark that morning I nocked an arrow and settled in to my stand. Approximately 15 minutes after I shut my headlamp off, I heard a distinct knock on a tree about 100 yards or so from my tree stand deep in the woods. It sounded like someone hitting a large stick or baseball bat against a tree. It knocked about 4 times then stopped and a few minutes later it knocked two times. It was the strangest thing I have ever heard and the first time I have ever experienced it. I know that nothing could have made that sound other than a person. Iíve been an avid hunter all my life and have been in the woods many times, but never before have I heard anything like it, and hope I never do again.
ALSO NOTICED: Described in what I wrote
OTHER WITNESSES: No other witnesses.
OTHER STORIES: No
TIME AND CONDITIONS: Dark at 6:15 am
ENVIRONMENT: Wooded with some pasture and coal pits. Hardwoods, softwoods and Hills.
Follow-up investigation report by BFRO Investigator Matthew Moneymaker:
About BFRO Investigator Matthew Moneymaker:
Matthew Moneymaker is originally from the Los Feliz District of Los Angeles, California.
- Bachelor of Arts in English Literature from the University of California at Los Angeles (UCLA).
- Founder of the Bigfoot Field Researchers Organization,1995.
- Writer and co-producer of the Discovery Channel documentary "Sasquatch: Legend Meets Science", 2001.
- Co-producer of the TV Series "Mysterious Encounters" for the Outdoor Life Network (OLN Channel), 2002.
- Producer of the "2003 International Bigfoot Symposium" (Willow Creek Symposium) DVD set, 2004.
- Co-host of "Finding Bigfoot" on Animal Planet Channel, 2010 - 2017.
- Current Director of the BFRO