|New Report Additions
|Hypotheses & Projects
|About the BFRO
COUNTY: Bulloch County
LOCATION DETAILS: [Investigator Note: The road crossing happened on Lakeview Road almost precisely one mile south of Blitch and eight miles north of Statesboro. Coordinates for the spot: 32°34'31.4"N 81°47'01.6"W]
NEAREST TOWN: Statesboro
NEAREST ROAD: Lakeview Road
OBSERVED: My wife and I were returning from TMT Farms Christmas display when a bigfoot crossed the road in front of us. At first I wasn’t sure what I saw but my wife asked me if I saw that. It was a big creature, 7-8 feet tall, and crossed the road from left to right in 4 steps. It crossed the road and made its way into the woods.
ALSO NOTICED: None
OTHER WITNESSES: 2
OTHER STORIES: None
TIME AND CONDITIONS: 10 pm, clear dark night
ENVIRONMENT: Rural Georgia road, about 5 miles from river
Follow-up investigation report by BFRO Investigator Matthew Moneymaker:
I spoke by phone with the husband, Matt Berghoff, and his wife Jennifer. He works for Georgia-Pacific at a paper products facility. His wife works as a budget manager for Academic Affairs for Georgia Southern University in Stateboro.
As stated in the report, they were returning from a popular Christmas lights display ar ound 10pm. It was a few days before Christmas.
They were driving south on Lakeview Road when the sasquatch crossed the road less than 50 feet from their vehicle from left to right. It was fully lit by the headlights of the vehicle. They both saw it. The fur color was dark brown. It was slightly hunched over as it walked across the road. It was "bulky" and they estimate it stood 7-8 feet tall.
They were not driving fast along Lakeview Road because they have seen deer at night on this road. They were afraid of hitting a deer.
The location is two miles from the swampy Ogeechee River.
Here is the Google Maps pin for the exact location where the sasquatch was standing right before it crossed the road:
About BFRO Investigator Matthew Moneymaker:
Matthew Moneymaker is originally from the Los Feliz District of Los Angeles, California.
- Bachelor of Arts in English Literature from the University of California at Los Angeles (UCLA).
- Founder of the Bigfoot Field Researchers Organization,1995.
- Writer and co-producer of the Discovery Channel documentary "Sasquatch: Legend Meets Science", 2001.
- Co-producer of the TV Series "Mysterious Encounters" for the Outdoor Life Network (OLN Channel), 2002.
- Producer of the "2003 International Bigfoot Symposium" (Willow Creek Symposium) DVD set, 2004.
- Co-host of "Finding Bigfoot" on Animal Planet Channel, 2010 - 2017.
- Current Director of the BFRO