|BFRO Home||Reports Database||New Report Additions||FAQs|
|Media Articles||Hypotheses & Projects||About the BFRO|
COUNTY: Lauderdale County
LOCATION DETAILS: Take York rd to Oxford road. There you will turn right. Go about 2 miles to 4891 Oxford road. Active on both sides of the road. About 80 acres they are playing in.
[Investigator (MM) Notes:
GPS coordinates for property: 32.516381, -88.471029
NEAREST TOWN: Lauderdale,Ms
NEAREST ROAD: Oxford Road
OBSERVED: It has not made a sound for two years. Now it is back, maybe as many as 4 or more. Myself and two of my neighbors have heard it. First I heard near my shot house and all animals got quiet. Now we can hear it on both sides of the road and day time knocks and at howling at night. Last night around 12:30 am it was very active.
This has been going for the last couple weeks. Dogs donít want anything to do with it. There has been two different sounds they make. All we want is answers. They sound like wolves but different. I donít go hunting before daylight and I come in before dark. When we tell people they just laugh and call us crazy until they hear it.
ALSO NOTICED: Mostly during deer season is when it starts. But we have heard it during the summer just before it disappeared
OTHER WITNESSES: Walking dogs. Stand on back porch. Just normal stuff. I was deer hunting the first time I heard it this time.
OTHER STORIES: It has not been around for two years. I have contacted the local bfro but they never showed.
TIME AND CONDITIONS: Day and night and at all hours. Wood knocks during the day so far.
Knocks and howling after dark.
Weather has clear and cold but was warm when the knocks started
ENVIRONMENT: Plenty of good water. Mixed trees. Hills and hollows. Some open land. Have a corn feeder for deer. Lots of animals.
Follow-up investigation report by BFRO Investigator Matthew Moneymaker:
About BFRO Investigator Matthew Moneymaker:
Matthew Moneymaker is originally from the Los Feliz District of Los Angeles, California.
- Bachelor of Arts in English Literature from the University of California at Los Angeles (UCLA).
- Founder of the Bigfoot Field Researchers Organization,1995.
- Writer and co-producer of the Discovery Channel documentary "Sasquatch: Legend Meets Science", 2001.
- Co-producer of the TV Series "Mysterious Encounters" for the Outdoor Life Network (OLN Channel), 2002.
- Producer of the "2003 International Bigfoot Symposium" (Willow Creek Symposium) DVD set, 2004.
- Co-host of "Finding Bigfoot" on Animal Planet Channel, 2010 - 2017.
- Current Director of the BFRO