|BFRO Home||Reports Database||New Report Additions||FAQs|
|Media Articles||Hypotheses & Projects||About the BFRO|
COUNTY: Hillsborough County
LOCATION DETAILS: Chito Nature Preserve - there are tens of thousands of acres out there less than 1/5 of a mile from my location.
NEAREST TOWN: Lithia
NEAREST ROAD: Browning Road
OBSERVED: There is without a doubt a Bigfoot in Chito Nature Preserve
Itís extremely foggy out tonight. We are having the first real cold front coming into central, Florida. My location is Lithia Florida near Chito Park.
I without a doubt heard a whooping noise and a loud prolonged Bigfoot yell. It was made in three separate calls getting louder than the last one. The last call was very loud. The first call almost sounded like a owl hoot but as it got louder I could tell it was coming from Chito park. Thereís no way I could hear an owl call that far away and the last two were dead on/textbook Bigfoot calls. It happened at 10:30p.m. As the local temperature shifted.
ALSO NOTICED: I have heard loud thuds when Iím putting the chickens up late at night.. it sounds as if someone is throwing rocks. They area is covered in baseball sized rocks so it would be easy to find one.
OTHER WITNESSES: It was only me who heard it. Everyone else was inside the house.
OTHER STORIES: No, this is the first I know of
TIME AND CONDITIONS: Night, heavy fog and itís much colder than it has been all year
ENVIRONMENT: Extreme fog, a cold front is moving in and itís our first real cold this season. Chito Nature Preserve has walking trails throughout it and it can be hard to venture everywhere because of the standing water. Very swampy, heavy oak tree areas with large patches of pine trees. Itís very common to see boar, deer and bunnies. Itís a perfectly preserved habitat.. and very large
About BFRO Investigator Matthew Moneymaker:
Matthew Moneymaker is originally from the Los Feliz District of Los Angeles, California.
- Bachelor of Arts in English Literature from the University of California at Los Angeles (UCLA).
- Founder of the Bigfoot Field Researchers Organization,1995.
- Writer and co-producer of the Discovery Channel documentary "Sasquatch: Legend Meets Science", 2001.
- Co-producer of the TV Series "Mysterious Encounters" for the Outdoor Life Network (OLN Channel), 2002.
- Producer of the "2003 International Bigfoot Symposium" (Willow Creek Symposium) DVD set, 2004.
- Co-host of "Finding Bigfoot" on Animal Planet Channel, 2010 - 2017.
- Current Director of the BFRO