BFRO Home Reports Database New Report Additions FAQs
Media Articles Hypotheses & Projects About the BFRO
Geographical Index > United States > Pennsylvania > Lycoming County > Report # 12034
Report # 12034  (Class A)
Submitted by witness on Sunday, July 3, 2005.
Truck driver has late afternoon encounter while dumping stone

YEAR: 2005

SEASON: Summer


DATE: 1st

STATE: Pennsylvania

COUNTY: Lycoming County

OBSERVED: it was july 1 2005 i drive a tri axle dump my boss ask me to deliver some stone to a remote camp he took me to the location first by pick up it was a very remote camp the next day i took aload of stone to the camp and dump it the fallowing day i took another load of stone to the location to tailgate it i went to the camp to turn around to tailgate out to the main rd when i got out to chain my gate i had i wierd feeling that something was watching me i scaned the woods nothing i went on about my work i drove out the road about 150 yards raised my box in the air the tried to trip my gate it dident trip then it did dumping a2 foot pile of stone i finaly got the truck into gear and started to tail gate it i went about 75 yards i dident have my chains set right so back up to the pile of stone that i dumped when i back around the corner there was a sin color animal on the stone it look like a 250 to300 pound bear i kept backing the back up alarm was beeping but still this animal did not look at me i got about 5or6 feet and hit my brakes it stood up most of it was behiund the truck i then seen something else run across the road i went to the other mirror nothing i went back to drivers mirror the animal was gone i got out walk to the back of the truck there was nothing i scanned the woods it was gone i fix my chains and started to tailgate agian to my surprise i went about 40 yards and i look in my mirror there was 2 of these animals walking upright the big one was about8or9 feet tallvery large redish brown hair black face it scared me i took off went to my boss we went back up ther with a couple of other people we had flash lights when we first got out of the trk we heard a high pitch whissle and hoot or howl ive never heard this in the woods after all im a advid hunter something big took off runing throught the woods there where foot prints in the stone we measured them the one was 17 inchs and 7 in acrossed the other were10 inches we took pictures of the foot prints i thought you would like to know about this sighting i know it changed my out look on this matter i never believed in this i know what i saw it was bigfoot it will change the way i feel about the woods my gaurd will be up for know on thank you tghe nanimal had very hairy body black face it looked just like the picture on the home page of the web sight standing next to the man

ALSO NOTICED: there was a nasty smell to the air when i got out of the truck the first time

OTHER WITNESSES: threr were wittnesses to the foot prints there was 5 of us

OTHER STORIES: i found out a couple of days later that there was poeple who have dogs that said they been haveing problems with there dogs going crazy and disappearing

TIME AND CONDITIONS: it was about 430 500 in the evening it was day time alot of light had no problem seeing what i sawit was a normal beutiful summer day it was 95 degrees out side

ENVIRONMENT: wooded thick veg mountianous

Follow-up investigation report by BFRO Investigator Chip Beam:

Witnessí boss asked him to deliver stone to a very old campsite. The first day he was shown where the site was. It took two days to deliver the stone. One pile delivered one day and the next dayís delivery was to be spread on the road by a process called tailgating where the bed of the dump truck is hoisted into the air and the stone is gradually poured while the truck slowly moves forward. The second day was when the sighting occurred.

The witness had to go to the campsite to turn the truck around due to the width of the road. He turned the truck around and prepped it for the dumping process, during this time he felt like he was being watched as he unsecured the chains to the tailgate, but when looking into the woods he didnít see anything. Being a hunter most of his life, the witness has never felt scared or uneasy in the woods and has hunted by himself many times. He climbed into the truck drove to the spot where he was going to start the dumping about 150 yards away. It took several tries to get the bed up and the truck into gear. This created a pile of stone about two feet high in the road. He started moving the truck but decided the chains werenít set right and made the decision to back up to the pile of stones where he initially started. In the mirror he noticed what he thought was a cinnamon bear on the pile of stones. The witness was puzzled that the bear would not move or even look at him as he backed up because the back up alarm was blaring. About five or six feet from the pile he hit the breaks on the truck and the animal stood up on two legs. He could only see the belly of the creature and still not clearly from the effects the vibration of the truck had on the mirror. At this point the witness saw something in the mirror run across the road. He checked the passenger side mirror and saw nothing. When looking back to the driverís mirror the other creature was gone as well.

The witness then got out of the truck and adjusted the chains. He said that most bears will run from you then turn to look back. He found it strange that he couldnít see anything where he saw the animal run to. The trees are thick, but not thick enough to where he wouldnít be able to see a bear that had just ran away. The witness climbed back into the truck and started the dumping process again. After about forty yards he saw two of the creatures in the driverís side mirror. One was much bigger than the other. He estimates the creature to have been about nine feet tall because of the clearance to the height of the dump truck to the tree limbs. The truck with bed tilted made the cab protector about nine feet above the ground and it brushed a large branch of the tree. The larger creature had to duck its head to clear the same branch. The color of the fur was a red orange color that he compared to an orangutan color. He said the creature was a duplicate to the Giganto on the web site but he cold not see the face clearly because of the vibration of the mirror. The second animal, he stated, was about his height, a little over six feet tall. They paced the truck from several yards back. They had long arms and a very long stride. At this point the witness became scared and left the area so quickly he forgot to drop the bed of the truck.

When he got to the gate at the bottom he said he had to stop to collect himself for about a half-hour. At this point he went to his bossí house. His boss said he looked as white as a ghost. He asked him to go back to the campsite with him with a firearm. As they went up he described what happened. When they got to the spot they saw footprints. The witnessí boss is a large man who wears a size thirteen boot and it was much smaller than the footprint. At this point they got another friend to come up with them. The friend told them that his buddyís dog got loose and was never seen or heard from again. The friendís own dog, that is quiet all the time, had raised hackles and barked into the dark woods from his porch for a half-hour the night before.

The men went to the site and measured the footprints with a tape measure. There were many prints, although many werenít clear a couple were distinct enough for a measurement. The larger set was about seventeen inches long and deeply embedded in the loose stone. The smaller were about ten inches. The witness said his boss was not having much of an impact trying to make footprints, he estimated the bossí weight at about 450 to 500 lbs, so they said the creature must weigh much more than him. He also said the stride between the footprints was large enough he had to leap to cover the same distance.

He said his whole outlook on the forest has changed and he will never go hunting again without constantly looking over his shoulder.

They also stated they heard whistles and a howl while looking at the area, but the sounds were not similar to the audio recordings on the site.

About BFRO Investigator Chip Beam:

Chip is an award winning, published tattoo artist and owns his own tattoo studio in Vestal, NY