|BFRO Home||Reports Database||New Report Additions||FAQs|
|Media Articles||Hypotheses & Projects||About the BFRO|
COUNTY: Fayette County
LOCATION DETAILS: For some reason I can't remember how we found the park.
NEAREST TOWN: Vandalia
NEAREST ROAD: Interstate I - 70
OBSERVED: My wife and I were out driving around checking out the countryside and came across this park. We got out to take a walk and enjoy the weather and the woods. We decided to walk the foot path. I started to take pictures of the lake and the trees. When we started down the path I noticed some tracks crossing the path. I told my wife to come look. The foot prints came from the lake across the path and in to the woods. I told her these look like bigfoot prints so I took some photos of them. When I think back it was real quiet and it felt like somebody was watching us.
ALSO NOTICED: Foot prints and I have pictures of them, also it was real quiet. I sent my pictures to pictures dot com.
OTHER WITNESSES: My wife and I.
OTHER STORIES: No
TIME AND CONDITIONS: Daytime. It was about 3 or 4 pm in the afternoon, sunny and cool.
ENVIRONMENT: It was some state park, can't remember the name. There was lake on the left with some tall grass surrounding it and thick woods of pine trees on the right with a foot path going around the lake.
Follow-up investigation report by BFRO Investigator Stan Courtney:
I spoke with both witnesses by phone. The following details can be added to the report:
- The witnesses were about 5 miles east of Vandalia and could not provide the name of the small park.
- The witnesses found two footprints in soft soil, the area had received rain the day before.
- The footprint was 15 inches long and about 6 inches wide.
- The distance between the two footprints was great enough that the husband, who is 6 foot tall, was unable to match the stride.
- The pictures do show all five toes. However, neither photo contains enough detail to include with this report.
About BFRO Investigator Stan Courtney:
Stan Courtney has a special interest in wildlife audio recording. He has attended numerous BFRO Expeditions. See Stan's blog StanCourtney.com for recordings he has collected over the years.
Stan Courtney can be reached at email@example.com