BFRO Home Reports Database New Report Additions FAQs
Media Articles Hypotheses & Projects About the BFRO
Geographical Index > United States > Washington > Pierce County > Report # 27923
Report # 27923  (Class B)
Submitted by witness no on Friday, June 25, 2010.
Man and granddaughter hear possible vocals of two creatures approaching them near Ashford

YEAR: 2010

SEASON: Summer


DATE: 25

STATE: Washington

COUNTY: Pierce County

LOCATION DETAILS: look at report #20591 we in that general area except we didnt make it to the wash out bridge.



OBSERVED: Myself and my 7 year old grand daughter were out checking out some of the reported sigthings in the pierce county area.These sightings were a couple years old. The report #20591 is the site where we encountered vocals if thats what you want to call it, I call it a bunch of screaming.
Anyway, we turned right at the first baptist church and went down this gravel pot holed road, we went as far as we could which was 1/2 mile maybe. the road is blocked off by giant rocks so we parked there got out walked straight down the road followed it for an hour or so anyway we seen a not trespassing sign posted up in a tree we were trying to make it to the river guess u cant get there anymore. we did see a green van parked down the road also, so we headed back to the truck. after getting back to the truck I was thinking about leaving the area but noticed another road across this small creek that ran along side of the road rite where the truck was parked. we crossed it went threw the area where the big pipes are and turn right followed the road which turns in to a path i'd call it anyway we got about 100 feet, i heard what i thought was a gruggling sound i stopped and i also noticed i did hear birds everything went dead quiet then I heard a faint little whine. Then the screaming started behind us. from where we came from on top of the hill to the left of where we came down the path about 50 yards back in dense brush area. something was screaming then I heard another something start screaming i thought OMG!! their are two holy crap!! we tried to quietly make our way back to the top of the hill, at the same time i could hear them moving towards us through the brush and they were still screaming I had positioned myself above the area i thought I could get a good picture of them if they came out of the brush into this small clearing it was perfect wind was towards us so i know they didnt get wind of us. we hiding behind a tree. My grand daughter was really getting scared at this point and made noise and they went quiet stopped and i heard them move away from us threw the brush on to the road to our left and they disappeared, gone that quick i searched the area where i thought they were for prints nothing but smashed down grass and some broken branches. I am experienced hunter from way back and heard all the animals in the forest except these guys!! Their screams scared me too along with my grand daughter. And yes I was Armed, anyway we got in the truck and went home we live in Graham.

ALSO NOTICED: When we took the first path I thought i heard a couple of tree knocks about 1 or so before the vocals.

OTHER WITNESSES: 2 we were trying to get down to the river

OTHER STORIES: no Vocals just sightings lmao that why i just brought a camera.

TIME AND CONDITIONS: this occurred exactly 3:10pm and lasted till 3:31 pm weather was partly cloudy. very clear

ENVIRONMENT: Pine forest, with some old clear cut

Follow-up investigation report by BFRO Investigator Scott Taylor:

I met the witness, at a parking lot near his home. I was accompanied by a friend, who was a witness in a report investigated by Beth Heikkinen. We followed the witness out to the site. The witness had parked at a wide area that was an intersection of several roads. To the SW the road continues. To the south, another road is now blocked by large boulders. To the east is an old over-grown road that has turned into a path. In order to get there you have to cross a creek. The culverts that used to be under the road are piled up on the east side of the creek and you have to walk around them. About 100 feet past the creek, there is a 4 x 4 trail that turns south and goes steeply down an embankment into a brushy draw. The old abandoned road continues to the east on top of a wide ridge. Paralleling the ridge is the draw and on the other side of the draw is an old abandoned railroad grade.

The witness and his six year-old granddaughter had parked at the rock pile. They crossed the creek and went past the culverts. Past the culverts, they made their way down the 4 x 4 trail to the bottom of the draw. The 4 x 4 trail makes a loop at the bottom and goes back up the way it came, like a cul-de-sac. When the witness was at the bottom of the draw, they heard loud vocalizations . He described them as an extremely loud screeching-yelling. The vocalizations came from east of him and sounded like they were down in the draw. There were two creatures. He could hear the separation between them as they called back and forth. The bottom of the draw is very brushy and is about 6 feet high. The witness reported a feeling of intense fear because the volume of the vocalizations was so loud. He said that he could feel as well as hear the calls. Also, he could hear that they were moving towards him. He grabbed his granddaughter and pulled her up the 4 x 4 trail to the top of the ridge. The granddaughter was very frightened and was beginning to cry. He stopped at the top and hid behind a tree. From his position, he had a good view down into the draw below and would be able to see whatever it was. He had a camera and was hoping to get a picture of whatever animal it might be. When the creatures were about 100 feet from him, judging by the sounds, his granddaughter wailed, “Those are African wild dogs.” (The grand-daughters mother had just returned from South Africa and had been telling her daughter about the African wild dogs). When the little girl said that, the vocalizations stopped and the two creatures began moving away to the north-east of the witness. He said whatever it was, they were large. He could hear bi-pedal footsteps as they hurried away. He said the foot-falls were very heavy and he had the perception of them almost shaking the ground. He never did see them. The whole encounter lasted for 20 minutes.

We looked the area over to get the lay of the land, and have the witness tell and show us exactly what happened. We walked the area, taking photographs and looking for any track impressions or trails. To the south of the railroad grade is a large swamp created by a beaver dam. Just south of that is the Nisqually River. Due to an unusually wet and cool spring, the grass is very high in the meadows. There were numerous game trails with deer and elk tracks in them. About 300 yards from where the witness had been hiding behind the tree, we found a fresh trail through the high grass that was not made by deer or elk. It looked just like what a human would make walking through the grass. The trail came from down in the draw to the south and proceeded in a northeasterly direction, crossed the road, and was lost in a very overgrown and almost impenetrable old clear-cut. This seemed to be the likely trail of the creatures, although there were no distinct tracks, the grass was pushed down by something with large feet.

There have been other reports from the area. One class A sighting is the report referred to by the witness in his report. Report #20591 I believe that with the frequency of sightings and reports of vocalizations in this area that sasquatches use this area regularly. What the witness reported was most likely vocalizations from two sasquatches, as no other animals make the sounds that this witness described.

This picture shows the general movement of the creatures. Red is where the witness was located. The photo is old and the roads have been altered by removal of culverts and being blocked with large rocks.

This picture shows the trail through the grass that might be the trail made by the creatures.

About BFRO Investigator Scott Taylor:

Scott Taylor is a retired aerospace manager. He lives in Mason County, Washington. He had his first bigfoot encounter in October 2005 where he was stalked and later heard vocalizations. He attended official BFRO Expeditions in the Washington Cascades in 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012 and 2013. He also attended the 2007 BFRO Expedition in the central Oregon Cascades and the 2007 Utah Expedition in the Uinta's. He attended the 2008 and 2009 Olympic Peninsula Expeditions and co-lead the 2013 Expedition. He has participated in numerous speaking engagements over the past 17 years.