Geographical Index > United States > Illinois > Macon County > Report # 23104|
Submitted by witness on Thursday, February 07, 2008.
Motorist and son observe road crossing near Spitler Woods State Park
(Show Printer-friendly Version)
COUNTY: Macon County
LOCATION DETAILS: A little gravel road by Spitler Woods State Park.
NEAREST TOWN: Mt.Zion
NEAREST ROAD: Illinois Route 121
OBSERVED: Me and my mom were driving home from dropping a friend off when about a 7 1/2-foot-tall creature ran across the road. It had brownish-red fur, its arms were longer than a human's could ever be. The whole thing lasted about 5 seconds.
OTHER WITNESSES: My mother
TIME AND CONDITIONS: 8:30 p.m. 3/4 moon a little foggy
ENVIRONMENT: Deciduous forest near a creek
Follow-up investigation report by BFRO Investigator Stan Courtney:
I spoke with both witnesses by phone. The following details can be added to the report:
- The witnesses stated that the animal was very broad but not muscular.
- The animal quickly crossed the road in two or three steps.
- The hair was long and straggly.
- They were unable to make out any facial features.
- The eyes reflected red in the lights from the vehicle.
- The animal was about thirty feet from the vehicle.
About BFRO Investigator Stan Courtney:
Stan Courtney has a special interest in wildlife audio recording. He has attended numerous BFRO Expeditions and travels throughout Illinois giving presentations on "Bigfoot In Illinois". See Stan's blog StanCourtney.com for recordings he has collected over the years.
Stan Courtney can be reached at email@example.com