Geographical Index > Canada > Alberta > Report # 12647|
Submitted by witness on Saturday, September 24, 2005.
Sighting by camper at Camp Alexo near Nordegg
(Show Printer-friendly Version)
LOCATION DETAILS: Camp Alexo is located about 20 or 30km east of Norgegg on highway 11. You follow the alexo road to the right(saunders campground and boat launch is to the left) about 4km.
NEAREST TOWN: Nordegg
NEAREST ROAD: alexo road and Highway 11
OBSERVED: I have been going out to this summer camp out by Nordegg since I was 9 years old. It happened my first time at the camp and it was the second day there. We were all seperated and playing a wide game [a game in-which the camp's attendants are stretched across the camp's entire boundaries] and i got lost from the group of people i was going around with. I was searching for them, running through the woods between the pioneer cabin, and the webster cabin when i tripped and fell over a log. I noticed it as I was gettingup. it was very tall with this dark, matted, brown fur. the face looked almost human, but with a very wide bone structure, slightly extended pinched nose, and a wide mouth. he(i think it was a he) was standing upright with his very large hand holding on to the tree next to him. after a glance that lasted but a moment, i screamed and he walked away. i kept screaming and stared into the place he had just vacated for a bit longer before running till i found a path, and came to find my group at pioneer cabin (the southern most cabin).
ALSO NOTICED: there was a slight funky smell.
TIME AND CONDITIONS: mid-late afternoon, warm, sunny out but light hampered slightly from mature trees.
ENVIRONMENT: A typical mixed forest with alot of very tall, old trees. there are logs strewn in some places and the ground has alot of moss and grass.
Follow-up investigation report by BFRO Investigator Blaine McMillan :
I spoke with her on the phone. This sighting occured in Camp Alexo in Alberta
On the phone she mentioned being amazed how it moved "with a grace and elegance I would have never thought with his long, powerful legs".
About BFRO Investigator Blaine McMillan :
- Retired Canadian Military (Reg Force) Safety Systems / Aviation technician with experience on CF-101 Voodoo, CT-133 Silverstar and various SAR platforms including CC-115 Buffalo and CC-130 Hercules.
- Married with two young sons. An avid camper, hunter and fisherman.
- Holds a BA in Criminology from the University of Manitoba, courses in Alternate Dispute Resolution, Anthropology and Political Science
- Attended the BFRO BC Expeditions in August of 2005, 2006, 2012 as well as Vancouver Island 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013.
- Organized the 2007, 2008 Vancouver Island as well as 2009 North Vancouver Island Expeditions.