Geographical Index > United States > Illinois > Madison County > Report # 14872|
Submitted by witness on Thursday, June 8, 2006.
Nighttime sighting and possible footprints found by homeowner near Edwardsville
(Show Printer-friendly Version)
COUNTY: Madison County
LOCATION DETAILS: Near Edwardsville
NEAREST TOWN: Edwardsville
NEAREST ROAD: Illinois Rt 143
OBSERVED: Object was standing near a bush. Coloration was a gray or white. Thought it was odd for some person to be standing out in the country at that time of night. Object was about 7 foot tall.
ALSO NOTICED: Right before crickets and normal night sounds. Later dog acted strange did not want to go outside and it was so quiet and still I could hear the hum of the street lights. Right after about 10 minutes or so nights sound were normal again.
OTHER WITNESSES: No my wife is the only witness.
OTHER STORIES: None
TIME AND CONDITIONS: Clear almost full moon. Street light illuminated the object. Time was about 12:36 in the morning (night time).
ENVIRONMENT: Farm fields and some resident houses woods and a bike path near by.
Follow-up investigation report by BFRO Investigator Stan Courtney:
I made three on-site visits to the location. After our first conversation the witness called and stated that a footprint was found in the woods behind the house. I asked that the footprints be covered to be protected and I would visit the property.
The following details can be added to the report:
- The witness was about 10 feet from the animal as she was pulling into the driveway. The husband that submitted the report was at their residence.
- The animal weighed about 250 lbs.
- The animal was tall and thinly built with narrow shoulders.
- The animal looked brownish-silvery gray in the street light.
- Although the witness saw the face, it was so hairy she was unable to make out any details.
- When I visited the property I was shown the footprint.
- The footprint was 14 inches long, 5 inches wide at the ball of the foot and 4 inches at the heel.
- All the toes were clearly visible. I took photos but they do not contain enough detail to include with this report.
About BFRO Investigator Stan Courtney:
Stan Courtney has a special interest in wildlife audio recording. He has attended numerous BFRO Expeditions. See Stan's blog StanCourtney.com for recordings he has collected over the years.
Stan Courtney can be reached at email@example.com