Geographical Index > United States > Florida > Suwannee County > Report # 16473|
Submitted by witness on Wednesday, November 01, 2006.
Possible highway sighting near Osceola National Forest
(Show Printer-friendly Version)
COUNTY: Suwannee County
LOCATION DETAILS: I had been on I-10 for about 10 minutes after switching from I-75
NEAREST TOWN: I'm not sure
NEAREST ROAD: I-10
OBSERVED: I was driving on I-10 in the early morning hours. There weren't any other cars for miles. My friend who was riding with me was unfortunately asleep so she didn't see it. I looked over into the other lane and saw this dark man-like figure crossing the road. It was really tall, I'd say about 6ft or so. I walked rather wierd like an ape. I couldn't see any specific colors because of the light but I'd say it was dark brown. That's all I can remember.
ALSO NOTICED: no
OTHER WITNESSES: Just myself, my friend was asleep. I was driving.
OTHER STORIES: no
TIME AND CONDITIONS: About 4 in the morning. It was rather dark except for the moon. It was also a little foggy.
ENVIRONMENT: Not sure. I-10. A few trees around.
Follow-up investigation report by BFRO Investigator Caroline Curtis:
I spoke with the witness by phone. There is little to add.
He grew up in the mountains of Tennessee and is familiar with wildlife and how they might appear crossing a road. He said it definitely wasn't a bear or a human. He could tell the color was uniformly dark and covered with hair as it crossed the highway heading northeast.
The witness was alert and sober at the time. He was heading back to college from his mother's house in Gainesville.
Osceola National Forest is just NE from this location.
About BFRO Investigator Caroline Curtis:
- Worked as an Assistant to a Circuit Court Judge in Florida for thirteen years
- An avid outdoorswoman, growing up in the UP of Michigan on a family-owned fishing and hunting resort, currently lives in the Hiawatha National Forest
- Certified Visual Tracker, Level 1
- Attended numerous public and private BFRO expeditions
- She and the Florida BFRO group organized South Florida Expedition 2008, North Florida Expedition 2008 and Central Florida Expedition in 2009.
- She and the Michigan BFRO group organized the Lower-Michigan Expedition in 2011 and Michigan UP Expedition 2012.