Geographical Index > United States > Oklahoma > Cleveland County > Report # 2353|
Submitted by witness on Thursday, May 03, 2001.
Large unseen creature intimidates fishermen
(Show Printer-friendly Version)
DATE: 8:30 pm
COUNTY: Cleveland County
LOCATION DETAILS: it is a little river preserve and very wooded on one side of the river.
NEAREST TOWN: norman, ok
NEAREST ROAD: franklin road
OBSERVED: I went fishing with a friend at Lake Thunderbird about 6 years ago. We started fishing in the afternoon as the day went on we stayed till it got in to the evening. As we were fishing later in the evening me and my friend started hearing strange noise from the other side of Little River which runs in to the lake. It sounded like a very large man breathing and it was getting closer to us. Then me and my friend started to notice the animals around us were going the other way from the noise. It made me think there is something out there and it coming this way. I started to get very nervous because we could hear branches breaking and it was getting closer to the other side of the river. I became real nervous when my friend said look at all the birds flying the opposite way and in a hurry. Then we heard a loud splash in the water and we figured it was time to go. That something was very upset with our presence in the area. I told all my friends about it they thought I was crazy and to this day I have never been back in the area to fish. I have grown up in the southside of Okc all my life towards the lake and have never heard anything like that before and will never forget the sound it made and the animals running away.
ALSO NOTICED: Just the branches I could see on the other side of the river breaking above my head and I knew there was nothing I had ever seen that could do that.
OTHER WITNESSES: just me and my friend
OTHER STORIES: a lot of people say they hear noise outside at night. in that area.
TIME AND CONDITIONS: typical fall night not too cold yet.
ENVIRONMENT: deep river and on a known deer hunting area.
Follow-up investigation report:
After contacting the witness the following details can be added:
1. The witnesses had powerful flashlights with them.
2. The witnesses were directly across the river from the commotion, an area accessible by means of Franklin Road.
3. The sounds of breaking branches and grunting noises were first noted at a distance of about 200 yards. Whatever was making the noise approached to about fifty feet. Witnesses believed it was attempting to intimidate them.
3. One of the witnesses stands about 6' 4"; the branches seen and heard being broken were above a height that could be reached by him.
4. The breathing sounds heard were described as, "like a grunting but very loud."
5. Witness is an avid fisherman. He is a state employee, married, 33 years of age.