Geographical Index > United States > Missouri > Boone County > Report # 27023|
Submitted by witness Do not disclose witness name at this time. on Wednesday, December 16, 2009.
Huge animal screams and circles campsite at Finger Lake Park
(Show Printer-friendly Version)
COUNTY: Boone County
LOCATION DETAILS: the location was at the Rocky Fork Lake which is part of the FingerLake Park located outside of columbia
NEAREST TOWN: columbia, mo.
NEAREST ROAD: highway 63 north
OBSERVED: around july-2004 my self and some friends were camping at Rocky Fork Lake in Cloumbia, Mo. we were standing around a camp fire and were proceeding to cookup some dinner when something came from the south side of our site. it sounded like a huge animal. it ran past our site..it came as close as 6-8 feet of us. it circled us three times and then ran to the lake front . it made a whaling sound from the water area. it was a high pitch howl that sounded as it was attacking something. it sounded as a pig squealing. it ran behind us.
ALSO NOTICED: we contacted the conservation dept the next morning and we were told we were drunk or on some type of drug and that what ever we say was not real. oddly one week later we returned to camp again and the camp site was bull dozed down and the woods was cleared. we were told by the park ranger there would no longer be any camping and the park closes at 10 p.m. there are still lots of woods blocked off from the public.
OTHER WITNESSES: three other witnesses. they were setting up camp.
TIME AND CONDITIONS: it was around 9 p.m. it had been raining a few days earlier.
ENVIRONMENT: wooded with a water front. lots of woods to the south which is blocked off from the public.
Follow-up investigation report by BFRO Investigator Robert Driscoll:
Spoke with witness about her sighting. She relayed the following by phone.
* July 2004 friends went camping Rocky Fork Lake in Columbian MO
* Gathered around campfire preparing to cook dinner
* Large animal comes out of the woods from the south of campsite.
* Large animal runs around campsite 3 times then ran to the lake area whaling a high pitched howl as if attacking something. Then heard what sounded like a pig squealing.
* Animal then ran passed the campsite again behind the witness.
*No identifiable hard evidence recovered. Witness states site revealed numerous foot impressions but were smeared due to recent rainfall.
* Witness was creditable and sincere about the incident. The incident remained vivid to her and made a definite impression on her and her friends.
About BFRO Investigator Robert Driscoll:
Retired Police Officer, Latent Crime Scene Investigator
Attended 5 BFRO Expeditions: Missouri Exp 2009 and 2010; Tennessee Exp 2010 and 2011; Illinois Spring Exp 2011