Geographical Index > United States > Illinois > La Salle County > Report # 33859|
Submitted by witness on Monday, February 27, 2012.
Woman recalls daylight sighting north of Marseilles
(Show Printer-friendly Version)
COUNTY: La Salle County
LOCATION DETAILS: I lived at this location at that time. 5A valley with creek. Steep bank on west side of creek.
NEAREST TOWN: Marseilles, Ill
NEAREST ROAD: Rt71
OBSERVED: I have been watching your TV program for some time. I wondered if anyone in Illinois had seen something like me. This was about 20 years ago. I told my husband and others, but they laugh. So I never told the story again. Today I came on line and I am blown away that some around Marseilles has seen what I was. I have to think back on that year this was.
OTHER WITNESSES: no
TIME AND CONDITIONS: Afternoon, sunny, perfect day. My horses were going crazy. My dogs would not leave my side.
Follow-up investigation report by BFRO Investigator Stan Courtney:
I spoke with the witness by phone.
• The horses were excited so the witness walked down towards a creek at the rear of her property. As she did so she saw an upright bipedal animal walking up the bank and into the woods.
• The animal was six feet tall.
• The animal was dark brown.
• The hair on the chest was sparse.
• The witness was unable to estimate the animal's weight.
• The witness stated that the animal was full bodied with wide shoulders and large legs.
• The witness was unable to see the animal's face.
About BFRO Investigator Stan Courtney:
Stan Courtney has a special interest in wildlife audio recording. He has attended numerous BFRO Expeditions and travels throughout Illinois giving presentations on "Bigfoot In Illinois". See Stan's blog StanCourtney.com for recordings he has collected over the years.
Stan Courtney can be reached at email@example.com