Geographical Index > United States > Illinois > Champaign County > Report # 41318
Submitted by witness on Sunday, June 2, 2013.
Memory told of roadside sighting at night south of Rantoul
(Show Printer-friendly Version)
COUNTY: Champaign County
LOCATION DETAILS: Creature came out of ditch low to ground then stood up on two legs disappeared out of headlights into the dark.
NEAREST TOWN: Rantoul
NEAREST ROAD: Country road
OBSERVED: I spoke with the witness by phone.
• The animal was 7 feet tall.
• The animal was very hairy and beefy in appearance.
• The hair was dark brown.
• The animal was very close to the car, perhaps 30 feet.
• The animal was very well lit by the headlights of the vehicle.
• The animal as it came out of the ditch was initially on all fours and then stood up on two legs and walked away.
• Although there are no large woods in the immediate area there are wooded creeks.
• The waterway is known as the Upper Salt Fork Drainage Ditch.
ALSO NOTICED: None
OTHER WITNESSES: 2 witnesses
OTHER STORIES: None
TIME AND CONDITIONS: Evening
ENVIRONMENT: Harvested farm ground no trees small creek
Follow-up investigation report by BFRO Investigator Stan Courtney:
About BFRO Investigator Stan Courtney:
Stan Courtney has a special interest in wildlife audio recording. He has attended numerous BFRO Expeditions. See Stan's blog StanCourtney.com for recordings he has collected over the years.
Stan Courtney can be reached at email@example.com