DHS Squirrel
Geographical Index > United States > Washington > Kittitas County > Report # 423
Report # 423  (Class A)
Submitted by witness Mike L. on Monday, October 9, 2000.
Daylight sighting by fisherman near Easton, Washington
(Show Printer-friendly Version)

YEAR: 2000


MONTH: October

DATE: 8th

STATE: Washington

COUNTY: Kittitas County

LOCATION DETAILS: Take the FR 4828 exit off I-90 and head north about 2 miles. It was spotted BEFORE reaching the cabins and after passing some snowmobile turn-offs.



OBSERVED: Traveling North in a 4x4 truck on road FR 4828 in Easton, WA, me and a friend made a sighting of something that resembled a bigfoot.

We were about 2 miles down the road from the I-90 interchange and came to a point where we could see about 200 yards up the road. Further up we saw what looked like a person walking in the other lane heading towards us, but on the shoulder.

We were traveling at about 40mph and as we got closer to this figure, we soon realized that this thing looked to be all one color (black) and was walking in an odd fashion, like it had a swagger to it.

We almost immediately knew that this thing wasn't a person, but was something else. My friend immediately told me to stop the car, which I eventually did. I watched this thing and could see that it was quite large, or bulky, because the arms and legs looked pretty huge. There was no features I could make out, it was all one color.

My friend told me to back up and was starting to panic a bit. I reluctantly did and about the same time the thing headed off into the woods, but was still near the shoulder of the road. It began moving branches on trees with what appeared to be considerable force. I continued to back up and took one more glance down the road, where I saw that this thing had returned to the shoulder of the road and was walking towards us again.

We then turned around and headed back to I-90 where I dropped my friend off and went back to look again. On the way back to I-90 at least 3 other cars passed us in the other direction, so I didn't have much hope that it would stick around. Sure enough, when I got back there, I saw no sign of it.

ALSO NOTICED: There were some people parked, and near their cars, just after exiting I-90.

OTHER WITNESSES: Two. We were commenting on how pretty the leaves looked since they were turning color.

TIME AND CONDITIONS: About 1pm on a sunny, calm day with temps around 70 degrees.

ENVIRONMENT: On a road surrounded by forest walking on the West side heading South.

A & G References: Pg. 65, B7

Follow-up investigation report:

This is the first of two recent reports in the same general area within the same three week period.

  Copyright © 2024