Geographical Index > United States > Illinois > Franklin County > Report # 42945|
Submitted by witness on Saturday, November 23, 2013.
Memory told of a daylight sighting along railroad tracks east of Plumfield
(Show Printer-friendly Version)
COUNTY: Franklin County
NEAREST TOWN: Plumfield
NEAREST ROAD: Illinois Rt.149
OBSERVED: It was about 1977 me and a friend from high school, we had dirt bikes, and the only way you could get to the place with motorcycles, was to go down some railroad tracks and there at the railroad trestle there is a small creek that ran underneath it. It was cleared off and they used to take care of it because there are high-powered tension lines in there too.
We were on our bikes down by the creek and we heard something and we looked up, there was a small hill about sixteen feet high or so that used to go out and climb with our bikes. And we looked up and there was what we call in Illinois - MOMO, it's bigfoot, and it was squatting up and down scratching his back on a tree. It scared us and we hopped on our bikes and took off.
OTHER WITNESSES: Just my friend
OTHER STORIES: No
TIME AND CONDITIONS: 3 p.m. clear and warm
ENVIRONMENT: Woods, creek
Follow-up investigation report by BFRO Investigator Stan Courtney:
I spoke with the witness by phone.
• The animal was squatting up and down, appearing to be scratching its back on a tree.
• The animal's height was eight feet tall.
• The weight was over 350 lbs and was stockily built.
• The hair was dark brown.
• The witnesses were 25 yards from the animal.
• The witnesses were unable to see the animal's face.
• The sighting was near a creek, close to a railroad trestle and power line right-of-way.
• The second witness is deceased.
About BFRO Investigator Stan Courtney:
Stan Courtney has a special interest in wildlife audio recording. He has attended numerous BFRO Expeditions. See Stan's blog StanCourtney.com for recordings he has collected over the years.
Stan Courtney can be reached at email@example.com