Geographical Index > United States > Illinois > Macoupin County > Report # 55934|
Submitted by witness on Sunday, November 13, 2016.
Nighttime sighting near Sunset Lake west of Girard
(Show Printer-friendly Version)
DATE: Sunday 13th
COUNTY: Macoupin County
NEAREST TOWN: Girard
NEAREST ROAD: West Lake Drive
OBSERVED: I was almost home and I live on West Lake Drive then all the sudden I just see this two legged being about 7 to 8 ft tall just bolts in front of me into the woods just across from my house. It was covered in matted burgundy hair.
OTHER WITNESSES: 1 me
TIME AND CONDITIONS: Night clear headlights
ENVIRONMENT: Lake and forested
Follow-up investigation report by BFRO Investigator Stan Courtney:
I spoke with the witness by phone.
• The witness was driving home when an upright walking animal crossed about 20 feet in front of his vehicle. The animal was walking quickly.
• The witness estimated the animal's height at 7 to 8 feet, with 4 inch matted hair, brick red in color.
• The witness described the animal as being of a muscular build.
• The witness was barely able to see the animal's grayish pale face. He was unable to make out any facial features.
• It was the witness's opinion that the animal had been scavenging fish that were laying along the bank of Sunset Lake.
About BFRO Investigator Stan Courtney:
Stan Courtney has a special interest in wildlife audio recording. He has attended numerous BFRO Expeditions. See Stan's blog StanCourtney.com for recordings he has collected over the years.
Stan Courtney can be reached at email@example.com