DHS Squirrel
Geographical Index > United States > Arkansas > Pulaski County > Report # 57471
Report # 57471  (Class A)
Submitted by witness on Friday, May 12, 2017.
Memory told of a close daylight encounter with a white Bigfoot while riding a motorcycle inside Camp Joseph T. Robinson
(Show Printer-friendly Version)

YEAR: 1976


MONTH: September

DATE: September, 1976

STATE: Arkansas

COUNTY: Pulaski County

LOCATION DETAILS: It was just North of the All-American Drop Zone inside Camp Robinson.

NEAREST TOWN: North Little Rock, Arkansas

NEAREST ROAD: Clinton Road

OBSERVED: My friends and I would work on our motorcycles, and then ride them in the woods at Camp Robinson in North Little Rock, AR. (back when they let us do such things ).
The day started off normal, with my friends Loren P., Jerry W., Tommy B., Jim O., and myself riding our motorcycles.
There was a ditch about 6 feet deep, and 7 feet wide and we took turns jumping it.
I was on a yellow Suzuki 185 motorcycle with a stinger exhaust system on it.
I was jumping the ditch and almost crashed my motorcycle, and thought I had better quit before I got hurt.
My friends all wanted to keep jumping the ditch, so I decided to ride East along a dirt trail that ran parallel to the ditch.
I was in no hurry since I was not familiar with the trail, and was just enjoying the ride.
I had ridden about 20 minutes or so when I saw what I thought was a white motorcycle going South.
Since I was going East and it was going South I was afraid I would run into the other motorcycle, so I stopped to keep us from colliding into each other.
I got glimpses of the white motorcycle as it was going though the trees, and was going to wave to the other rider as they either turned onto or crossed over the trail I was on.
MUCH to my surprise the white motorcycle was not a motorcycle at all... "IT" was a very tall creature walking on it's hind feet like a man, but with a
stride that seemed to be about 6 feet per stride.
The arms were lanky and long and swung slightly as it walked, and it's hands hung down about knee level.
The creature had long lanky legs, and they looked to be fairly muscular like it did a lot of walking and running.
The feet were long, my guess they may have been 15 to 18 inches or so, but they seemed accurately proportioned for a creature of it's height.
The creature was about 8 or 9 feet tall, and stopped right in the middle of the trail, and then turned to face me.
It was about 25 yards from me, and there were no trees or brush between us to block my view of the creature.
It was very tall, and lanky and was a dirty white albino color. It did not have any clothing and seemed to be covered in short dirty white hairs.
I could not see any indication of the creatures sex. It's head was more of a triangular shape than round, and I'm certain it was not human.
The eyes were close together, and were very focused on me...I would describe them as definately being predator's eyes.
The nostril holes were small, and seemed to be about 2 inches apart, and the mouth was similar to a humans but just a bit wider.
I had a full motorcross helmet on, so if the creature had an odor, I could not smell it.
The only sounds I heard were the beating of my heart about to explode out of my chest, and the popping of the 185 Suzuki's stinger exhaust.
The creature and I looked at each other for what seemed like an eternity, then it made a snarling expression and squinted it's eyes at me.
It's mouth went from a closed frown to rising it's upper lip and showing me what I considered it's meat eating teeth...I GOT THE MESSAGE !!!
Then it's eyes squinted more at me, as if it was starting to get really pissed at me for being there.
About the time I thought it was fixin to attack me, it turned and started walking South again.
The creatures stride still amazed me, it's single walking stride from one foot to the other was probably 4 times my stride.
I'm certain that if it had tried to run up and catch me, I would not have been able to flee in time.
I had a hair standing on the back of my neck suspicion that it might be about to make a fish-hook loop like an injured bear, and then suddenly pop up right beside me on the trail.
I turned the 185 Suzuki around and rode like a professional to get the hell out there.
I was too scared to look behind me, and was praying for Jesus to protect me as I also tried to make sure I didn't crash!
I felt that if I crashed the motorcycle, it would surely catch me if it was in pursuit.
It had taken me about 20 minutes or so to get to where I saw the creature, it only took about 10 minutes to get back to where my friends and I had been jumping the ditch because I was riding skentback and scared to death.
When I did get back to the truck, my friend Jim O. was sitting on the bed of the truck relaxing.
The rest of our friends were not at the ditch, or the truck.
I yelled at Jim O. with a half squeeky pitched voice, because in my heart was still in my throat, I said "Jim there's something in the woods! We need to warn the rest of the guys!"

Then came my next major surprise of the day, Jim asked me "Is it real tall and white?"
I yelled "YES, why in the Hell didn't you tell me about it?"
Jim said "I didn't tell anyone about it, because I didn't want anyone thinking I'm crazy, or making fun of me!"
Then Jim proceeded to tell me about the time him and his nephew Pete saw the creature while squirrel hunting at Camp Robinson.

This occurred back in 1976 while I was a Senior in High School.
I bow-hunt in Camp Robinson from time to time, and as God is my witness, the hairs still stand up on my neck when it's dark and gets too quiet in the woods.
There have been times that I feel like something was watching me, and I immediately remember the creature I saw by the All American Drop Zone.
There are times where bow and arrow or not... I waited until it got light enough for me to see before I would get out of the truck.
It doesn't matter to me if you believe this story or not...I've been telling it to family, friends, co-workers, and even strangers since the day I actually saw the creature, and it saw me back in 1976.

ALSO NOTICED: I saw the creature again by the All American Drop Zone later with my sister Rhonda, Jim O., Jerry P., and Susan C. It was looking down into the Drop Zone like it was waiting to ambush deer.

OTHER WITNESSES: No other witnesses during the initial sighting, although I and three others saw the animal at the Drop Zone about a year later.

OTHER STORIES: Yes. I saw the creature again by the All American Drop Zone later with my sister Rhonda, Jim O., Jerry P., and Susan C. I was looking down into the Drop Zone like it was waiting to ambush deer.

TIME AND CONDITIONS: It was about 4 in the evening. Weather Clear, sky bright and sunny.

ENVIRONMENT: Creek running East.
Trees and brush.
Dirt trail running East.
Creature walking South.

Follow-up investigation report by BFRO Investigator Tal H. Branco:

The witness and I have discussed his experiences, with what he and others call "The White Thing", by telephone numerous times. In mentioning the animal's unusually long steps/stride, he explained that the animal's steps appeared to be about six feet apart, having a resultant stride of nearly twelve feet.

When asked if he was able to describe other facial features that were not included in his submission, he stated with certainty that the animal's eyes were not brown or black, but of a pinkish, light red color. He said that when the animal curled its top lip to expose its teeth, he noticed its gums were very red, in contrast with the light colored skin on the outside of the lips and the exposed skin on its face. He, and others who have seen that animal (or a very similar white haired animal) in this general area of the state, believe the animal(s) are albinos.

During our discussion, he hesitantly mentioned that when the animal was walking away there was something odd about the way its legs flexed at the knees, appearing to bow slightly backward. He was unable to adequately define or explain the apparent anomaly, and neither can this investigator.

His second sighting occurred about one year later when he, his sister, and three other friends drove to the edge of a hillside overlooking the All-American Drop Zone near the northern edge of Camp Robinson just after dark. At that time the public could drive into the area and watch the C-130 aircraft from the Jacksonville AF base practice air drops - day or night - on a specially prepared and maintained drop zone below the ridge. The area around the drop zone was covered in grass on which numerous deer grazed, especially at night.

The night sky was reportedly very clear with a partial moon. The group was standing along the edge of the ridge, with a fairly steep slope below them. Just a few minutes after their arrival, the primary witness noticed what appeared to be a white, inanimate object on the slope about 30 yards below the group. He periodically glancing down at the white object - which he thought was a bag hanging on a limb of brush - he noticed the object moved slightly. Out of curiosity, he picked up a rock and threw it toward the object. The rock missed, so he picked up another, took better aim and threw again. He, and two of the others, were shocked to see that the "object" ducked the rock that passed just over its head. Immediately the primary witness and Jim O realized the "object" was the animal they knew as the "White Thing." Both jumped up and yelled for the others to run to the car, which all except the owner of the car did. Two of the group reacted slower, and saw the animal coming up the slope toward them. The car - which belonged to Jerry - was about 15 yards from them. The car windows were down, and the primary witness dove through the window into the back seat on the passenger side as Jim O. dove into the front seat on that side the same way. Both girls - at least one of which had seen the animal charging up the slope - opened the doors to get inside. Jerry stood outside for a few seconds looking around while the others screamed at him to get in and "get us out of here." Then, realizing their fear, he ran to the car, jumped behind the wheel, started the engine and began driving down the dirt/gravel road at high speed. The vehicle generated a cloud of thick dust, although the primary witness, looking through the back window, briefly saw the "White Thing" running a few yards behind the car before the vehicle sped away.

During the telephone discussions with the reporting witness, he also stated that while hunting in Clark County near the town of Hollywood AR during the the fall of 1988, he had a brief sighting of a very large bipedal animal walking quickly through the woods away from him. He described it as "pushing nine feet" in height, covered in "reddish brown" hair and having very wide shoulders. He said the animal had the body mass of at least two large human males.

After many discussions with the primary witness about the incidents described in this report, I believe he is a credible observer.

About BFRO Investigator Tal H. Branco:

Tal Branco is a lifelong resident of AR. He began hunting, fishing and tracking many years ago in south AR. Since he was a teenager, his outdoor activities have been primarily conducted in the Ouachita Mountains, although during the past forty years he has also conducted field investigations of reports of enigmatic and unclassified animals in the southeastern U.S. and in the Amazon Basin of Brazil.

  Copyright © 2024