Geographical Index > Canada > British Columbia > Report # 6831|
Submitted by witness on Tuesday, September 02, 2003.
Night time sighting by motorist on Highway 40 between Gold Bridge and Lillooet
(Show Printer-friendly Version)
DATE: around the twentieth
PROVINCE: British Columbia
LOCATION DETAILS: Highway 40, between Gold Bridge and Lillooet
NEAREST TOWN: lillooet
NEAREST ROAD: hwy 40
OBSERVED: To make a long story short we passed a car on a curve at night and there (he?) was on the side of the road walking away from us. His back was to us arms swinging (they seemed quite long) and he looked over his right shoulder at us as we passed.
I first thought it was a bear as they can get up on two legs. He was completely covered with hair except his butt. It had no hair and it looked like a monkey butt. His palms had no hair also.
The whole time was only a second or so.
ALSO NOTICED: the only thing that seems odd is the "monkey butt"
I have not read anywhere else of this
OTHER WITNESSES: My son was looking the other way and did not see it.
OTHER STORIES: A woman I know saw one on texas creek road years ago. A friends brother saw one on an island off Vancouver island, local native people do not go in the area I saw him.
TIME AND CONDITIONS: It was about eight thirty in the evening. I was rushing as I was late for a dinner party.
The day was overcast and dark. The sasquatch was illuminated in my headlights
ENVIRONMENT: The area is pine fir mix interior sage brush. A river is close by. The terrain is steep in spots
Follow-up investigation report by BFRO Investigator Blaine McMillan :
I spoke to the witness and can add the following information to this report:
• He though the animal was 6 to 7 feet tall. Its entire body was covered in black hair that was about 2 to 3 inches in length, except for the palms of its hands and its buttock area.
• It walked away from the road but quickly turned to look at him as he drove by. Its steps were fluid and graceful with its arms swinging wide. It's face was flat with no snout.
About BFRO Investigator Blaine McMillan :
- Retired Canadian Military (Reg Force) Safety Systems / Aviation technician with experience on CF-101 Voodoo, CT-133 Silverstar and various SAR platforms including CC-115 Buffalo and CC-130 Hercules.
- Married with two young sons. An avid camper, hunter and fisherman.
- Holds a BA in Criminology from the University of Manitoba, courses in Alternate Dispute Resolution, Anthropology and Political Science
- Attended the BFRO BC Expeditions in August of 2005, 2006, 2012 as well as Vancouver Island 2010 and 2012.
- Organized the 2007, 2008 Vancouver Island as well as 2009 North Vancouver Island Expeditions.