Geographical Index > United States > Idaho > Valley County > Report # 6929|
Submitted by witness on Saturday, September 20, 2003.
16-year-old girl has nighttime sighting near hot springs
(Show Printer-friendly Version)
DATE: July 7?
COUNTY: Valley County
NEAREST TOWN: Cascade
NEAREST ROAD: Highway 55
OBSERVED: We were camping at the Golden Fork Hot Springs with 2 other groups of people.
It was around 10:00p.m. or so and after talking to each other at the camp fire we all went to bed. After finding I could not sleep, I decided to take a walk. It was a beautiful moonlit night in the summer of 1981 I could not sleep so I got
up to walk down the small dirt road since it was a bright beautiful night. I had on an old style red & white striped full body suit & put on my
white/tan rabbit fur coat. I was walking down the dirt road when about 200 yards from the camp out from the right of the road a large 7 or 8 foot(Mabie Taller.)grey bigfoot came out about 10-15 feet in front of me . He turned to face me & we looked at each other straight in the eye. The bigfoot looked just as surprised to see me as I was to see him. It was like we were both walking
at the same pace and just appeared to each other . Well, I'll tell you we both turned
around from where we had came and I ran like heck, sliding back into my sleeping bag and kept watching, hoping he would not come to camp. Needless to say he did not appear again . I did not tell my friends the next morning of my
experience in fear they would think I was crazy.
OTHER WITNESSES: No
OTHER STORIES: I have heard of some reports coming from Cascade & McCall during that time & Date.
TIME AND CONDITIONS: 10:00 P.M.- 12:00 Midnight
Moonlit night, Clear calm night
ENVIRONMENT: High Mountain camp site. Fairly remote with heavy forest.
Follow-up investigation report by BFRO Investigator :
I spoke with the witness D.H. on the phone who repeated the facts in her written report and gave the following additional details.
- D.H. was 16 at the time of the sighting.
- The animal was either crossing the road or joining the road to follow it in the same direction.
- The extent of her sighting was seeing the animal take two or three steps (human-like), and two or three seconds while they looked at each other.
- D.H. was confident the animal’s color was grey.
- D.H. believed the animal had short hair on its face, as well as short hair on its body (D.H. described it as “fluffy” and “well-groomed”).
- The animal was 7 ½ to 9 ½ feet tall (taller than any human she had ever met).
- The animal’s build was similar to that in the Patterson movie (but grey). She had seen the Patterson movie before her sighting.
- The animal’s surprised expression was very human-like (raised eyebrows).
- The animal’s expression looked “sweet like a grizzly bear’s”
- D.H. did not notice ears, teeth, or unusual smells.
- She skinned her knee when she slipped as she was running back to her tent.
- She wished she could have appreciated the sighting more when it happened.
- D.H. didn’t tell anyone for many years for fear of ridicule.
- She only recently told her family members.
- D.H. is a business owner and her family has a related business. She did not want her name used for fear of negative impact to her family’s business.
About BFRO Investigator :
Carter Mackley is a private attorney in Seattle Washington with eight years experience as a public prosecutor.