Geographical Index > United States > Oklahoma > Le Flore County > Report # 74818|
Submitted by witness Charles Sisemore on Sunday, August 14, 2022.
Big howls heard by property owner, stones throw from OK/AR border near Mena AR
(Show Printer-friendly Version)
COUNTY: Le Flore County
LOCATION DETAILS: Near hwy 63 right at the OK/AR state lines.
[Investigator (MM) notes:
GPS coordinates for approximate location of howls:
NEAREST TOWN: Mena, AR
NEAREST ROAD: Hwy 63
OBSERVED: I have lived in the area east of hwy 259 and hwy 63 also known as Big Cedar for 36 years. I was outside my home and I heard 7-10 howlings to the north. It was a sound I've never heard in the area before. I've spent considerable time in these woods. Hunting fishing as a teen I would camp alone with my squirrel dog. The only time I've heard anything like it was on TV during the big foot shows.
I wasn't going to make a report but while reading some of the reports. I came across repot #34657. In early summer 2007 I was headed north from Big Cedar on 259 and saw a tall dark figure cross the hwy about 1/2 mile ahead of me. It was one solid dark color from head to feet. Bipedal with long arms. Extremely dark brown to black. In almost the exact same place as seen in report #34657. Time was around 10 am.
ALSO NOTICED: Unusually still. No Breese or other noises.
OTHER WITNESSES: No
OTHER STORIES: No
TIME AND CONDITIONS: 8:20 pm
ENVIRONMENT: Forest, hills and creek bottom.
About BFRO Investigator Matthew Moneymaker:
Matthew Moneymaker is originally from the Los Feliz District of Los Angeles, California.
- Bachelor of Arts in English Literature from the University of California at Los Angeles (UCLA).
- Founder of the Bigfoot Field Researchers Organization,1995.
- Writer and co-producer of the Discovery Channel documentary "Sasquatch: Legend Meets Science", 2001.
- Co-producer of the TV Series "Mysterious Encounters" for the Outdoor Life Network (OLN Channel), 2002.
- Producer of the "2003 International Bigfoot Symposium" (Willow Creek Symposium) DVD set, 2004.
- Co-host of "Finding Bigfoot" on Animal Planet Channel, 2010 - 2017.
- Current Director of the BFRO