DHS Squirrel
Geographical Index > United States > Texas > Hockley County > Report # 41668
Report # 41668  (Class A)
Submitted by witness on Thursday, July 18, 2013.
Woman living alone in rural Texas has unusual visitor west of Lubbock
(Show Printer-friendly Version)

YEAR: 2010


MONTH: October


STATE: Texas

COUNTY: Hockley County

LOCATION DETAILS: There was a dry lake bed to the west of a tree line before a dirt road. A couple of coyotes lived there. I had all kinds of animals including stray cows in my yard at different times. There are hog and deer in the area as this is close to Yellow House Draw where it begins the Brazos River. Yellow House Ranch is close by. The Indians used to call the caves in the cliff area Yellow Houses because the color of the land is a yellow hue. This house is close to Silver Lake and Muleshoe Wildlife Refuge is about 20 miles North west.



OBSERVED: My encounters with a Bigfoot creature began in October 2010. One Saturday evening around 4:00 in late afternoon I was wiping windows in the den and saw this big black hairy head peeking around a storage shed in the back of the house. This house was in the country and had farm crops all around it. There were a line of evergreen type trees planted on the east, west, and north sides of the home. The window I was cleaning faced north and the animal was past the tree barrier to the north inside the back yard. I could not estimate any size as the head was towards the middle of the building about 5 feet from the ground in estimate. When I stopped to stare, the head went back behind the shed. I waited, nothing happened so I moved to another window to the left side and began wiping there. This time the same head peeked around the corner in the same way except I saw black fingers (long) holding onto the corner of the building just lower than the head. Feeling spooked and quite alone, I thought maybe vacuuming would scare it away. I did not always get good phone reception in the house. After vacuuming I looked and saw nothing but still feeling uneasy, went ahead and called a friend to come over. I never told my friend what I saw. I had doubts and I wanted to be sure.

The next time I saw this animal was through my bedroom window at night on the south side of the house. I had lace curtains on windows and it was peering at me through the glass. Hand was cupped around eyes trying to peer in. It looked as though it was squatting a bit and shoulders were hunched over. The part of the body that I saw was taking up one half of the wide window. I could only see a silhouette. The window sill is about 6 feet up and I would estimate that the creature was taller than the window because it was scrunching down to look into the window towards me. Feeling alarmed, I felt it better to act like I did not see it and turned over so I could face the closet in my bedroom and not look at it while trying to go to sleep. The next morning I called the same friend and told him about what happened. We looked around the window but saw nothing. There were several nights like this and I finally purchased some blinds to go between the lace curtains and window. The creature continued to try to spy on me while sleeping through cracks at sides of blinds at night.

One morning, I felt alarmed because I heard the neighbor's dogs barking hysterically during the night after the creature left my window. I discovered a huge hand print on the hood of my car with fingers closed (4) and a thumb that was sticking out. The hand pointed towards the window. I had a security device that had a light on inside the car under driver's side. The fingers were facing toward the driver's side of the vehicle. There was also this cream colored waxy spot in the middle of the hood and it was not grackle poop. I was alarmed and looked around some more. I saw a huge footprint at back corner of driver's side of vehicle and then when I went in the direction of that print found another print for other foot across the road which is wide enough to park two cars side by side. This is where the tree line begins for the east side of the house. Those evergreen bushes are huge and dark. I had always stayed away from those bushes because any number of animals could hide there. I called my friend and he had a look at the evidence. I am not very technically inclined and did not know how to use the camera on my phone so all I have is that witness. He did not know what would make prints so big in these parts. He is a tall man with big feet and these prints were wider and a good half a foot longer than his. I think he wears a size 13 or 14 shoe.

I finally saw the creature in January of 2011. One evening I was trying to get to church and I cannot remember what clued me to its presence. It was around 5:00pm. It was a cold windy day and I was running late as usual. When I realized that I was going to have to go out of my house with that creature there and be late for church, I got mad. I knew I would have to lock my door, go through the fenced side yard, go through that gate and unlock my car without that creature making contact with me. I just started screaming with frustration. I made a bee line for the exit, quickly locked the door ran over to the gate unlocked the car and got into my car. I locked my doors, started the car and backed out of the driveway. As I was going beside the side yard I looked in between the garage and house where I could see to the tree line of the west side of the house. The creature was there standing as tall as the eave of the one story house. It was black all over and hair was whipping around its body by the wind. The hair was long about 12 inches in some parts of body. The creature froze in a stiff soldier type stance with arms and hands to sides. Finger tips were easily past knees. Yellow piercing eyes were staring at me and it looked like it was trying to be invisible or blend in with the scenery which it could not. The body mass was thick but could not make out any muscle tone. Although, would say that it looked physically fit. Could not see any breasts or male genitalia because it was covering in the male area with one hand. Its mouth was o shaped. It was facing me and looked like it had been running to see me (probably see how I started that car). Anyway, I could only look briefly because I had to get to church. I had a friend follow me home that night. I did not know what it would do. I do not recall any incident after that one. I did however, feel that some nights it was in the tree line of the home watching the house.

ALSO NOTICED: I did hear the wind on that one evening and there was a damp wet dog smell in the air as I went to the car.

OTHER WITNESSES: Just my friend who was gracious enough to not laugh at me when I finally got the nerve to tell what I was experiencing and who saw the car slime, hand print and foot prints.

OTHER STORIES: No. It was too unnerving to begin to tell someone else about it. I think most people would question my judgment if they knew. I have since asked the warden at the MWLR if he had heard or seen anything like Bigfoot mentioned in the area. He said his reports came mostly from east Texas and people called it a grass man. He said he believed me though and would like to see a picture if I can ever get one.

TIME AND CONDITIONS: There is a big flood light that is the height of a street lamp in city that gave most of the yard and buildings light at night. Days were usually sunny when shadows in late evening began to appear. Morning events were sunny. Nights were clear. Last encounter was windy, cold and cloudy.

ENVIRONMENT: This house had farm land right up to it in all directions. There is the highway to the south. There was a paved private drive from highway to garage with west tree line beside it and dry lake to the west before a dirt road going north and south.

Follow-up investigation report by BFRO Investigator Gary Christensen:

I spoke with this witness by phone.

She frequently put leftover food outside for the animals and found it missing the next day.

She described the creature looking in her bedroom window as a large silhouette of an upper torso with lots of hair. Even after she installed blinds on her bedroom window, she could tell when the creature was trying to look in, because the light from the yard lamp would be blocked and the room would grow noticeably darker. Even though the bedroom window faced the paved road in the front of the house, a large evergreen tree was there for cover if traffic passed by.

When she saw the creature between the garage and the house, it was cold, windy, and cloudy, but still in full daylight. She said the creature did not move when she spotted it, but she could see its long hair blow in the wind. The expression on its face was one of surprise. She drove away leaving it standing motionless. She moved out of this house the next month.

I found the witness to be forthright and consistent in relating the details of her encounters.

About BFRO Investigator Gary Christensen:

Gary is a retired USAF pilot, a Vietnam veteran with 312 combat missions in the B-52. He also retired from American Airlines in 2008 after 18 years service as a flight training manager. A graduate of USAF ground and sea survival schools, Gary is an avid bird hunter and fisherman. He has been following the bigfoot phenomenon since the 1950's.

  Copyright © 2024