Geographical Index > United States > Indiana > Huntington County > Report # 28803|
Submitted by witness on Thursday, February 3, 2011.
Hunter has possible encounter near Huntington Reservoir
(Show Printer-friendly Version)
COUNTY: Huntington County
LOCATION DETAILS: i was at a huntington reservoir state park east of i 69
NEAREST TOWN: markle
NEAREST ROAD: I-69
OBSERVED: it was the winter of 97. shotgun season for deer. i gotten into the woods half hour before sunrise. i decided to sit up against a tree in a little ravine. . i was facing east towards a half destroyed bridge. i sat there for a few and i nodded off. i heard a twig snapped i slowly raised my head thinking it was a deer. but instead there was something walking along a trail that goes to the wash out bridge. at my guess it seem to be at least 9ft tall i say i was about 100yds away. i saw outline figure very well. i just froze got goose bumps all over and the back of my hair stood up. it had a very long stride walk and slumped over as it walked. when it aproach the bridge it didnt miss a step when got across. ive been on that bridge and i know i have to jump across and still i wouldnt make it across. when it disappeared i thought it was another hunter so i just let it go. until i got to my truck and i realized that i was the only hunter there and that figure i saw wasnt wearing hunter orange during shotgun season. thats when it hit me
ALSO NOTICED: about 10 mins or so the squirrels were active and the birds were making noise as they do first thing in morning
OTHER WITNESSES: just me
OTHER STORIES: had a simalar incident few years later about 200yds away from first sighting but instead heard a loud squelling noise this time i knew what it was saw a documentary on discovery and i just packed my gear up and i was off
TIME AND CONDITIONS: mornning i say between the hours of 5 or 6 am
ENVIRONMENT: was by creek, creature was walking on trail near fence rail
Follow-up investigation report by BFRO Investigator Eric Lester:
After speaking to the witness at length about his sighting, the following can be added:
- the figure walked from north to south, and never acknowledged the witness' presence
- the color of this creature was uniform dark brown; no variations in color could be noticed, possibly due to it being the break of dawn and not having enough light to notice such details, but enough light to see surroundings, etc....
- physical characteristics were described as tall and heavyset; weight estimate about 400-500 lbs.
- movement details include having a smooth, quick gait and long stride; it moved very quietly (if he had not heard the twig snap, he feels he would have never woke up to see it)
- he felt that if this creature would have come towards him, or charged him, he may have taken a shot at it
The area where this occurred is also known as J. Edward Roush Reservoir, which makes up part of the Upper Wabash Reservoir.
J. Edward Roush Reservoir (aka Huntington Lake)
The wildlife area encompasses more than 7000 acres at this lake. The Wabash River also runs through Ouabache State Park, where Report #15926 occurred.
Ouabache State Park
About BFRO Investigator Eric Lester:
Eric Lester is a medical professional and has been investigating possible Sasquatch sightings since 2004.
BFRO expeditions include: