DHS Squirrel
Geographical Index > United States > Washington > Grays Harbor County > Report # 42448
Report # 42448  (Class A)
Submitted by witness No on Sunday, November 3, 2013.
Motorist has a close daylight sighting of a Sasquatch chasing a deer near Ocean Shores (Sketches included)
(Show Printer-friendly Version)

YEAR: 2013


MONTH: September

DATE: 30

STATE: Washington

COUNTY: Grays Harbor County

LOCATION DETAILS: a quarter mile past the iron bridge heading toward Ocean Shores.

NEAREST TOWN: Between Ocean Shores and Hoquiam


OBSERVED: Sept 30, 2013.
Route 109 halfway between Hoquiam/Aberdeen and Ocean Shores Washington.
I was driving back from Hoquiam to Ocean Shores where I live when a deer ran across the road heading south about an eighth of a mile ahead of me. From experience I know that if one deer crosses the road there is a good chance that another is right behind it and so I slowed way down. Instead of a deer, here comes this guy that makes it across the road in three strides at a dead run. I came to a complete stop, somewhat in "what the HELL am I looking at?"
This guy (yup it was a male, no question about that..)stops at the top of the roadside berm, turns around and looks right at me. He gave me a grin that was CLEARLY a threat, turned back around and vanished into the roadside brush.
So I got to see a Sasquatch up close and personal. My window was down and I was no more than 20 feet from him. His face was human looking except that he had no chin and he had a somewhat heavy brow ridge. The nose was a human nose and was more european than african looking. The eyes were black, the skin was grey as was his hair and he had more or less human teeth...what was left of them. His teeth were in terrible condition. When he ran, his palms were down, not thumbs up like us, and when he stood his palms faced back rather than thumbs forward like a person. The arms looked a bit longer than a human but not more than half a hand length longer. Also since it was around one in the afternoon and I was looking south at him I could see the shape of his head through the hair in the sun. The hair sticks way up and makes him look like he has a pointy head but really the shape of the head is human. My guess and it is only a guess, is that he was about 7-8 feet tall. I didn't have time to take a picture. It all happened so quickly.

ALSO NOTICED: As I said in the writeup, the hands are turned inward more than a human and the arms are slightly longer. The face nose and teeth are human looking and the shape of the head is human looking but there is no chin.


OTHER STORIES: There is a guy in town that claims to have one that visits each December...

TIME AND CONDITIONS: 1:00 in the afternoon

ENVIRONMENT: Pine forested area with roadside brush. About a quarter mile west of the old Iron Bridge.

Follow-up investigation report by BFRO Investigator Scott Taylor:

I initially met this witness at the Sasquatch Summit in Ocean Shores, Washington. My friend, Judy Locke, introduced me to him, and said that he had a sighting recently. We talked for a few minutes, and I asked him about his sighting. He said that it was on September 30th 2013 because he had just gone to Hoquiam to get his social security check, and was driving home on Hwy 109 when the sighting occurred.

It was 1:00PM approximately when he crossed an iron bridge, rounded a corner onto a straight-away, and suddenly saw a buck deer run across the road from right to left. The deer was running at full-out speed. The witness said that he has hunted enough to know that when a deer is running like that there is something chasing it, so he slowed down to avoid hitting whatever it might be that was pursuing the deer. As he slowed, a very large bi-pedal creature ran across the road very close in front of him. The creature crossed the road in three steps. The witness stopped his car in the road. The creature by this time had stopped at the top of the road embankment on the south side, 24 feet from him.

When it was running, it was bent forward at the waist. When it turned to face him, he described its movements as “helicoptering” as it spun around bent forward and arms stretched out. It stood up straight. He said it was about eight feet tall, and that his head would have reached to the creature’s armpit. It was all gray, and its hair was fairly thin. The hair on the back was quite thick, like a sheep, but it was less thick and shorter everywhere else. The hair on the head was what he described as “lead hair…like a hippie”. The sun was behind the creature, and the witness said that the hair on its head was thin enough to be able to see the shape of the skull. The skull looked like any normal human, no bony sagittal crest, but that the hair was pushed up in the middle to look like it had a cone-shaped head. Its head was 16-18 inches in height. He could see the genitalia. He said that it looked like any normal uncircumcised male. Other than the size, and hair covering, it looked like any normal human, but very muscular, with good definition. The aspect that did look different from a human was that the hands seemed to be attached to the arms turned thumbs-in by 45 degrees. He could see the little pinky fingers as it stood there looking at him.

He estimates that they stared at each other for a full minute. It might have been less, as time seems to stop in such situations. After about a minute of looking at it, wondering what to do next, and being in an open 1951 MG sports car, he made a little hand wave and said, “Hi”. This is when the creature pulled it lips back in a bare-teeth threat expression and yelled what sounded like the words, “Sheea-hooah-Huh!” The witness said that the creature was very loud, and he could feel a vibration as it yelled at him. It then made a palms-down “shoo-go away” gesture a couple of times and then “helicopter turned” away and disappeared into the brush, its hands and arms making a swimming like movement as it parted the brush.

He remarked that the teeth were all yellow, chipped, and some were missing. It is quite likely that this creature was old.

After the witness got home, he decided that he better sketch what he saw before the memory fades. He is not a professional artist, but he did a very good job. He sketched these pictures.

This witness commented that he never believed that these creatures could actually exist, and laughed at Report #40381, thinking that witness to be crazy. He said that he never thought he would see one himself. An interesting coincidence is that this witness only lives about ¾ of a mile away from the witness in Report 40381.

I found this witness to be completely genuine. The emotion he demonstrated when relating the account was not faked in my opinion. When telling me about the encounter, his hands began to shake and I could hear the emotion in his voice.

About BFRO Investigator Scott Taylor:

Scott Taylor is a retired aerospace manager. He lives in Mason County, Washington. He had his first bigfoot encounter in October 2005 where he was stalked and later heard vocalizations. He attended official BFRO Expeditions in the Washington Cascades in 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012 and 2013. He also attended the 2007 BFRO Expedition in the central Oregon Cascades and the 2007 Utah Expedition in the Uinta's. He attended the 2008 and 2009 Olympic Peninsula Expeditions and co-lead the 2013 Expedition. He has participated in numerous speaking engagements over the past 17 years.

  Copyright © 2024